Calling for 10 year and longer members

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Calling for 10 year and longer members

Postby Bob Patterson » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:51 pm

I'm back. though I've been watching now and then. I've had some trouble with my teardrop. One side of my flexride torsion axle snapped. :cry: I finally got a new one, but not very fast. What with covid, ships off shore waiting to be unloaded, and personal health problems, it took approximately 2 years.
All the best,
Bob (& Reggie)
Bob Patterson
Donating Member

Postby Graniterich » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:39 pm

Wow, almost nine years, 25 trailers later, still going strong. Keep on building!

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Postby groys02 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:07 pm

Re-joined, or re-activated, in 2022. First posted back in '08, in June, so nearly 15 years ago.
Back then, I was making a small 'teardrop' out of the back 1/2 of a '97 Neon car.........now, I'm doing something similar with a '59 English Ford body. Though the car is older & smaller than a Neon, tearing out the stock floor & rear suspension and using a low, flat floor, with no bump for rear suspension travel [torsion 1/2-axles], it'll actually be a little roomier.
No progress over the winter, but starting up again.
Gary, in Iowa.
"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."
— Eleanor Roosevelt
groys02
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Toytaco2 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:58 pm

Joined the forum in December 2007. I still follow “new posts” but seldom post myself these days. I finished a van conversion recently and am passing the TD on to my son. I’m enjoying VanLife but still learning from the knowledgeable folks on this forum.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Toytaco2
500 Club

Postby rmclarke » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:43 am

Haven't posted for awhile....just pop in and lurk every so often. Call it a quirky coincidence but it was actually 16 years ago to the day (4/10/2007) that I first posted! We still have the Sunhopper, just don't use it much anymore. My wife was diagnosed with Parkinson's a few years ago and I think our teardropping days are at an end....we immensely enjoyed every minute of it though; met lots of wonderful like-minded people, shared lots of dutch oven dinners and great potlucks, lots of miles and terrific memories.

I do believe it's time to put the trailer up for sale and let someone else enjoy it. For those of you lurking and on the fence about it, I say just do it! Go ahead and build your dream, you won't regret it. Life is just too fleeting to sit on the fence. I'm so glad this forum is still here. I met lots of great people here and learned even more than I ever could have imagined!

Best wishes,
Richard
"When a hammer is the only tool you own, every problem begins to look like a nail..."

ImageFrom this: Image to this: Image Finally!!
rmclarke
The 300 Club

Postby Txbum » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:08 pm

Hello folks, joined May 19, 2009, get a chance to visit TnTTT site once in awhile...thinking of a second build. Similar to X-cubed design....by Zach...cheers...stay cool, its 110 degrees heat index here in South central Texas....
Txbum
Titanium Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion