hunting this fall and teardrops

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: hunting this fall and teardrops

Postby lrrowe » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:43 pm

Not a TD, but I will be hunting with my CT for sure.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby booyah » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:30 am

I may drag mine out for a trip or two. Most of my hunting is local to home, so the TD doesnt go out for it, but if I am going anywhere it will.
My build, 5x8 modified benroy "Smiles to go". Started April 2nd 2015, first trip August 2nd 2015.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63145
booyah
The 300 Club

Postby glenpinpat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Not with the present one but my new one has built in gun rack and bow rack.
glenpinpat
Teardrop Master

Postby lrrowe » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:38 pm

That just gave me some ideas for storing rifles under my fold up bed. But then again, I do not feel secure about leaving them there when I am away from the trailer. I leave them under the back seat of the truck.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby clip » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:55 am

I'm just starting my build but I designed it around it's end uses and hunting/fishing are high on that list, so as long as it's not a hassle to bring along parking etc.I will. I have learned that keeping the young and old(me) warm,dry and well feed makes ever ones trip more pleasant, plus having extra clothes and the ability to clean up muddy gear and dogs will be a bonus, I'm also thinking of dove breast or fish on the grill instead of a stop at waffle house. My design does have storage under the deck for guns and fly rods when I think I have come up with something original I realize someone else already has and done it better.
MS
clip
Teardrop Builder

Postby m.colley » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Not with a TD but I will be with my CTC. Its one of the reasons I built it. Most of the season I hunt pretty close to home (35 miles) one way, but I like to hunt the entire weekend without driving back & forth. I built it so that I have a way to carry my ATV and not have to worry about putting up a tent. If all goes right I've been invited on a bear hunt in NOV in North Georgia.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby lrrowe » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:18 pm

m.colley wrote:Not with a TD but I will be with my CTC. Its one of the reasons I built it. Most of the season I hunt pretty close to home (35 miles) one way, but I like to hunt the entire weekend without driving back & forth. I built it so that I have a way to carry my ATV and not have to worry about putting up a tent. If all goes right I've been invited on a bear hunt in NOV in North Georgia.

Martin

It is nice to be in the woods in November and sleep warm and secure is it not?
Bob

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby m.colley » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 am

lrrowe wrote:
m.colley wrote:Not with a TD but I will be with my CTC. Its one of the reasons I built it. Most of the season I hunt pretty close to home (35 miles) one way, but I like to hunt the entire weekend without driving back & forth. I built it so that I have a way to carry my ATV and not have to worry about putting up a tent. If all goes right I've been invited on a bear hunt in NOV in North Georgia.

Martin

It is nice to be in the woods in November and sleep warm and secure is it not?

It sure is/will be Bob.My CTC is almost finished enough to be taken on its maiden voyage.. I'll have it done this weekend with the exception of my fold up bed. The wife and I agreed we can handle sleeping on the air mattress on the floor for the first couple of trips while I work on the frame.
Our primitive weapons season opens Oct 15 and our firearms season opens the following week for deer. I'm headed up to the hunt camp this morning to cut/move a few trees, put out a few cameras and check on my feeders.

Good Luck to all those hunting this year, be safe.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby ae6black » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:27 am

I have two trailers, a homemade TD and a 17' Clipper bunkhouse with bath, furnace, AC, and plenty of counter space for fall camping made by Coachman. I always opt for the TD for hunting. One the bed is so much more comfortable, second, it is so much easier to heat. Also when I go hunting, I spend most of my time outside anyway. There's just something that is so much more cosy and inviting about a tear than a store bought Camper. Truth be told, if I could get half of what I paid for that Coachman several years ago, I'd sell it in a heartbeat. But until this divorce goes through, I can't do anything with it but look at it sitting in my driveway. Such is life.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Return to General Discussion