One day 'til Show-and-Tell - PANIC!!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

One day 'til Show-and-Tell - PANIC!!

Postby DANL » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Tomorrow it all comes together. It's gonna be a long, long day. Still have to put the fenders back on, put inside trim and weather strip on the door, build a temporary counter for the galley, install aluminum angle trim on the hatch, hang the hatch, and add weatherstripping and draw hasps to it. Time permitting, I'll also get the aluminum edge trim installed along the outside edges. If not, I can do without for a few days.

Lots of stuff remains to be done but I can do the tweaking later. The interior won't be varnished--just don't have time. We'll still be sleeping in a tent--I don't have a proper mattress setup yet. We leave Thursday for the Spokes-n-Folks (our biking and kayaking group) Annual Ribfest Campout. Earlier in the year I told the folks that I would bring the trailer to this campout and now it's time to deliver.

I'll try to get some pictures posted tomorrow. I've learned a lot from this build. Will try to share some of those experiences next week.
The tiny trailer in the avatar is designed to carry our recumbents and sometimes sleep in. We LOVE having a kitchen in the woods and a place for most of our gear.
Dan Jones http://sunsetlanding.com/teardrop/teardrop_intro.html
DANL
Donating Member

Postby tdthinker » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:11 pm

Go Go Go, I hope you have a fun time and get us some pics as soon as you get back. bye!
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Return to General Discussion