Looking for carpenter/craftsman to help me finish my project

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Looking for carpenter/craftsman to help me finish my project

Postby oldsmokey » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:27 am

Hi All,

I'm in the middle of a home build and I'm stuck. I've got the frame done, the floor, and the outer walls cut and glassed and I'm at the point where I need to get the sides up and I'm confused and out of steam. Full time job, other business on the side, not sure how to move forward with my teardrop and it's been sitting for about a year now. The other night my wife said, "can you hire someone to help you?" That's a brilliant idea, she's smarter than me that way. I need someone to take this project from 30% to 80%. If I had an 80% teardrop trailer sitting in my garage with the doors and hatch on, air conditioning installed and wired, I know I could build out the galley etc. and finish it out. And it's going to be a beauty, glassed mahogany sides with ash "woody" trim, hot rod fenders, brushed copper anodized aluminum roof.

I'm in Roswell GA. The trailer's towable, I could take the whole project to someone else's shop. So I'm looking for a carpenter/craftsman to take it on. If this person's shop is close enough I could help once in a while, or maybe I'd just drop it off and pick it up when it's at whatever stage of completion we agree on.

So if you're anywhere near Atlanta/N. GA and want a paying project, please PM me! If you've got ideas, recommendations, stories to share, I'd love to hear them. And if I've posted this in the wrong forum, sorry please tell me where it should go. Thanks everyone!
Attachments
IMG_1174.jpg
The floor
IMG_1174.jpg (9.33 KiB) Viewed 221 times
IMG_1613.jpg
You can kind of see one of the glassed sides
IMG_1613.jpg (15.81 KiB) Viewed 221 times
IMG_1323.jpg
The design
IMG_1323.jpg (14.25 KiB) Viewed 221 times
oldsmokey
Teardrop Inspector