Light switch ideas

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Light switch ideas

Postby earl84 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:54 am

Wow, I appreciate all the input! I am currently leaning toward something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/322305014183?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
May order one switch to see how it looks. I do like the SailorSam switches that are only .78 inches deep quite a bit, though. So many choices. Maybe I should just let the designer, my girlfriend, decide for me, and I'll just keep building, haha.
earl84
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:41 pm

I found a link to www.wiringproducts.com in an Amazon Q&A. They offer an extensive selection of wiring products and switches. They will even custom make and label switch panels www.wiringproducts.com/rocker-switch-panels

Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby earl84 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:16 am

Thanks for the link, Esteban. Wow, those are some really annoying fingernails on that woman, but to each their own.

After discussing with my girlfriend, we're going with the shallow switches from Sailorsam's. Easy to install and look good. Also, sort of keep with the retro feel of our TD. Thank you, everyone.
earl84
Donating Member

Postby RubberGypsy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:09 pm

SCwood wrote:
earl84 wrote: My walls are 3/4" framing with 1/8" interior and exterior skins. Can I drill holes and mounts automotive type rocker switches right into the walls? Are the switches that narrow? Or will it require some sort of box being built to mount a panel that the rocker switches or whatever is mounted into?

I had the same setup - 1/8 +3/4 +1/8 and went with rocker switches, but had to build boxes for them. I'd do it again, although I do like the idea of that remote though!

So what does the Sassquatch button do ? and where can I get one?

:)
RubberGypsy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SCwood » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:26 pm

RubberGypsy wrote:
SCwood wrote:
earl84 wrote: My walls are 3/4" framing with 1/8" interior and exterior skins. Can I drill holes and mounts automotive type rocker switches right into the walls? Are the switches that narrow? Or will it require some sort of box being built to mount a panel that the rocker switches or whatever is mounted into?

I had the same setup - 1/8 +3/4 +1/8 and went with rocker switches, but had to build boxes for them. I'd do it again, although I do like the idea of that remote though!

So what does the Sassquatch button do ? and where can I get one?

:)

It's for the porch light, to light up the Sasquatches! I got it off Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SCwood
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bobwhite215 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:07 pm

I wanted to get a sasquatch switch for the outside lights too, but the wife said no. Wasn't a battle worth fighting.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
bobwhite215
Teardrop Master

Postby Paypgomonohomo » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:31 am

Searching for decorative light switch covers yields many — oh, so many — results. You can match any room with polka dots, chevrons, damask, stripes, or flowers. There are shops devoted to switching plates in every theme imaginable, from birds to food to sports and religion. But what about those unique light switch covers that let you add a bit of crazy or geeky to your room? Just a bit. You can order many parts on Amazon. For example, here https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight- ... B089T8HDBV Though I can’t be sure what else is in the room — it may be crazy or geeky, already overwhelming, the space, and one of these will be just the right finishing touch.
Last edited by Paypgomonohomo on Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paypgomonohomo
Teardrop Inspector

One idea...

Postby noseoil » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:09 am

Here's what I did for switch boxes, any number of switches is possible. Just some copper sheet, scrap plywood, switches & outlets.

Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion