whats for dinner on thanksigiving day?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: whats for dinner on thanksigiving day?

Postby DrCrash » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:41 pm

You will do better to eat a bag full of rubber bands than to eat an old jackrabbit.
DrCrash
The 300 Club

Postby friz » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:03 pm

DrCrash wrote:You will do better to eat a bag full of rubber bands than to eat an old jackrabbit.

He should cook it.....slow......

Sent from my Altair 8800 using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby dguff » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:50 am

Any pellets hit that sprinkler pipe?
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:48 pm

No rabbit for us......but I will be spatchcocking a turkey and cooking it on my smoker, along with an extra breast. We will have all the normal side dishes along with 20 family members.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Redneck Teepee » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:14 pm

The children have taken over with all the Holiday Feast (finally the mess at their place) But we always have both Turkey and Ham to feast on. I did request a Berry Pie from Marie Calenders.... back east I think you will know it as Perkins, best store bought pie going. :D :beer: :wine: :thumbsup:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby jnkdad » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:21 pm

I'm doing my Cajun deep fried turkey! Dressing, sweet potato casserole, maybe some crawfish queso appetizer, roasted cauliflower, and some roasted quail for my wife.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
jnkdad
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mary C » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi Slow, we had my family thanksgiving last Wednesday, so maybe for thanksgiving I will have a ham sandwich, I gained too much from Wed. We had smoked turkey and Ham and 8 casseroles 4 pies and a lot of things to drink cokes, lemonade, sprite, orange, coffee, and a few more. Great Food !!!

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:22 pm

I had Thanksgiving on my 70th birthday. What better time to celebrate than when you can be thankful that you've lasted that long and are still kicking it up a bit?!

Got a 12 pound turkey for $18; covered it in heavily salted water overnight; and then, drained and roasted it until the meat was falling off the bones, yet moist and tender. There are still plenty of sliced-off leftovers to warm up for dinners or make into a turkey pot pie for Thursday or, whatever.... The bones got boiled in a pot so I can make a nice turkey vegetable soup later.

If I were you, I'd cut that rabbit up into pieces and freeze some for a few stews so you can make up a batch at a time with some cut-up spuds, carrots, onions, and whatever else you want to throw in the pot. You can make it up by the pot and eat on it for several days. You'll be mighty glad for a big pot of stew next spring, when you're spending 12 hours a day out planting the fields with corn, etc and come in too tired to do much more than warm up dinner. Remember to thank that big rabbit for giving his life so you could eat so good.

Here, in California, I see people come to winter over where they they won't freeze to death and feel lucky to find a relatively warm, dry place to sleep under a bridge or overpass, with a can of something or maybe a bag of chips and a beer for dinner. If they are really lucky, they find a spot in one of the missions; but, the missions fill up fast. Good eatin' to ya! :Flippin Burger:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby GPW » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:39 am

Thanksgiving dinner cancelled at our house , wife is in the Hospital having back surgery , will be in till Friday .... so It’s PB&J for us ... :R We will be THANKFULL when she gets out ... ;)
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby daveesl77 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:51 am

We're spending Thanksgiving week camping up on Lake Hartwell in NE Georgia. It has been beautiful! A bit chilly at night, like 35 last night, but the days are really nice. Luckily the smoke from the mountain fires isn't here. Conch Fritter is doing really, really well. Since the Corps of Engineer campground has electric and water, we are using our little cheap $10 Pelonis heater. I have to turn it down to low fan and about 25% on the temperature to keep it nice inside at night. Also have the duct vent working, pulling outside air through one of the back windows. This keeps the air fresh and balances the heat. The dog and cat also like it alot. Yes, we brought our cat, Stinky, camping. She is doing very well.

On the T-day meal, Regina prepared a bacon wrapped large turkey breast with stuffing that we'll cook in the DO. Also have bacon wrapped stuffing, fresh corn and cheese potatoes. Daytime temps are supposed to be like 65, so it should be great!

dave, regina, max beagle, stinky cat
Watsadler, Ga
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Postby dguff » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:47 am

We will be having the "Oliver Twist" special. Gruel and lots of it. Very simple and no unwanted guests. :lol: :lol:
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:54 pm

GPW wrote:Thanksgiving dinner cancelled at our house , wife is in the Hospital having back surgery , will be in till Friday .... so It’s PB&J for us ... :R We will be THANKFULL when she gets out ... ;)

Wishing your wife a successful back surgery and no more pain!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby GPW » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:50 am

Thanks Sharon , Now we hear she’s getting out tomorrow , and I haven’t cooked a thing ... :o
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:47 pm

GPW wrote:Thanks Sharon , Now we hear she’s getting out tomorrow , and I haven’t cooked a thing ... :o

GPW

Bet the wife will be happy to home more than anything else.
Wishing her a speedy recovery.
Have a great Thanksgiving
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:46 pm

GPW wrote:Thanks Sharon , Now we hear she’s getting out tomorrow , and I haven’t cooked a thing ... :o

I'll echo Wolfgang. As long as she doesn't have to cook, I doubt she'll care. Her Thanksgiving will be less pain.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Next

Return to General Discussion