Doors in Canada 2

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Doors in Canada 2

Postby Fooman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:45 pm

Well let's try this again . First off I am going to be building a 5x9 off road trailer that I will be pulling with my Jeep Tj to explore this beautiful province of British Columbia . So I have been doing a lot of reading and lurking on this forum for about a year now , and I have decided to go ahead and start to pull together a plan . I have found a lot of interesting ideas and materials from this forum but one thing I am having trouble finding is a place to source my door from . I have noticed there are a few people from Canada on here and I was hoping that they may have so insite to help me out . For this build I will be making a custome frame that I hope to have done before the new year . Then I will start the cabin it is going to be almost square but the front roof section will slope down about 10 inches , the back door will swing up on the galley . It will be built with one door and two windows and no electrical but it will be ready to receive a second door and many upgrades as I can afford them . It will be stick built with ACP on the out side and the inside left bare to receive the up grades over the year or so then I will finish the interior. Thanks for looking and and help would be greatly appreciated.
Fooman
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Doors in Canada 2

Postby Vedette » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:12 pm

There are some great doors available out there. :thumbsup: Sorry I can't help you with that (but someone from here in the PNW will) as I don't build traditional Teardrops.
But, do yourself a favor and get the "one door" plan out of your head......do it right the first time and you won't regret it.
Where abouts in Canada are you?
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Fooman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:56 pm

Thanks Vedette yes I am sure I will get some help soon . The reasons I am only doing one door is I am on a tight budget right now. But I will have it framed in ready for the second door when I can aford it . I am located in Revelstoke British Columbia.
Fooman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Norm » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:01 pm

Fooman wrote:Well let's try this again . First off I am going to be building a 5x9 off road trailer that I will be pulling with my Jeep Tj to explore this beautiful province of British Columbia . So I have been doing a lot of reading and lurking on this forum for about a year now , and I have decided to go ahead and start to pull together a plan . I have found a lot of interesting ideas and materials from this forum but one thing I am having trouble finding is a place to source my door from . I have noticed there are a few people from Canada on here and I was hoping that they may have so insite to help me out . For this build I will be making a custome frame that I hope to have done before the new year . Then I will start the cabin it is going to be almost square but the front roof section will slope down about 10 inches , the back door will swing up on the galley . It will be built with one door and two windows and no electrical but it will be ready to receive a second door and many upgrades as I can afford them . It will be stick built with ACP on the out side and the inside left bare to receive the up grades over the year or so then I will finish the interior. Thanks for looking and and help would be greatly appreciated.

Just found this, may be an option for you. Look under parts.
http://www.car-gotrailers.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Norm
Teardrop Master

Postby jonnyo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:40 am

I m in penticton!

One option is sunny view in summerland. They can make anything you want custom, any size shape colour. They have a window and door companies . It s also worthy to pay them a visit as they have ton of blemish stock window and door so you can sometimes get part for next to nothing. Aluminum, etc.

Closer to you in Vernon. Kenkraft can be a option for use parts....

But I personally find it easier to order from USA and go pick it up in Orville 45min from penticton. Cheaper and faster.
jonnyo
Teardrop Master

Postby Fooman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:37 pm

Thanks for the info guys . I totally forgot about Sun view we deal with them at my work from time to time I will hit them . :twisted:
Fooman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Vedette » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:16 am

Fooman wrote:Thanks Vedette yes I am sure I will get some help soon . The reasons I am only doing one door is I am on a tight budget right now. But I will have it framed in ready for the second door when I can aford it . I am located in Revelstoke British Columbia.

You should check out Teardrops NW, they make a fantastic door. I know our $ really sucks now, but it won't be getting better any time soon, so buy now.
Get the largest one you can! Remember the Door (s) should be the highest priority of you build for so many reasons?? :thinking:
You may not have realized that yet.....but you will once you have Teardrop Camped.
We will be in Revelstoke for Xmas and would love to check out your build progress? ;)
If you are coming thru this end of the Valley drop in.....I am only 3 blocks off of Hwy 97. :beer:
Also, we would love to have you as a member of our Tear Jerkers Chapter. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Please let me know.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Fooman » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Well Vedette as for checking out my progress there is now for now it won't star till January. Having trouble getting vendors to get back to me with prices on axels and Aluminum composite panels. And also I have to wait awhile to get the frame welded up . But the good news is my job deals with Sunview industries so I am hoping to get a good deal on windows and a door . Also I may have a line on another company that we deal with that may sell ACP . Not to sure when I will get out that way but I will keep you in mind if I do . Not to sure what a tear jerker is?
Fooman
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion