I like Rustic Trail, but I want a galley.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

I like Rustic Trail, but I want a galley.

Postby facethewolf » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:16 pm

I just found out about Rustic Trail. As an electronics guy (and not a welder/carpenter) I like the idea of starting with a bare bones inexpensive camper like the Rustic Trail Grizzly, and adding the electrical system as I want/afford. With one MAJOR exception; I really want a galley on the back. Is there a company that makes barebones inexpensive teardrops like rustic trail but with galleys, or at least the beginnings of one?
Thanks for the advice,
Sean

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
facethewolf
Teardrop Builder

Re: I like Rustic Trail, but I want a galley.

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:33 pm

My 4x8 is barebones at 525 pounds. I decided to simply clip on the kitchen outside The 4 foot trailer with the two 3 foot batwings fit sweetly under a 10 x 10 popup for a luxurious kitchen,

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=38489&hilit=rip+van+winkle

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Yea, Len does! geocities is down, so I don't know if he has a website, but here are some of his recent posts...

search.php?author_id=244&sr=posts

Mike...

facethewolf wrote:I just found out about Rustic Trail. As an electronics guy (and not a welder/carpenter) I like the idea of starting with a bare bones inexpensive camper like the Rustic Trail Grizzly, and adding the electrical system as I want/afford. With one MAJOR exception; I really want a galley on the back. Is there a company that makes barebones inexpensive teardrops like rustic trail but with galleys, or at least the beginnings of one?
Thanks for the advice,
Sean

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby TheBallew » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:08 pm

No names come to mind immediately, but I know I've seen some with a galley that are built without much in the way of cabinets or electronics. I bet if you contacted some of the smaller builders they'd be able to come up with a package that has only the parts of it you want. Business is probably slow this time of year. They may be extra willing to make a deal.

I do agree with you in a sense though. We're buying a rustic trail, but I'm gonna add batteries, chargers, and probably even solar as the need and cash manifest themselves.

Here's a list of manufacturers I found. There's also a bunch to be found on this forum:

http://smalltrailerenthusiast.com/manufacturers-2/
TheBallew
Teardrop Inspector

Postby facethewolf » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:57 pm

Thank you all very much.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
facethewolf
Teardrop Builder

Return to General Discussion