Over 5000 messages

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby tdhombre » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:15 pm

I also wanted to add my thanks and congratulations on the success of this board. The openess of the designs and construction suggestions are really valuable..

Thank you.
tdhombre
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:33 pm

Thanks! :oops:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby eddiedno » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:48 am

go to the memberlist and you will see about 6 members account for over 1/2 of those 5000 posts. more like a chat room to me. how many own tear drops? :lol:
eddiedno
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chip » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:59 pm

Well Eddie it seems you posted one time and its all negative,,maybe teardrops and tiny trailers is not for you,,follow the arrow to the exit door :arrow:

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby BufordT » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:09 am

Well I just want to say for the record that once again I want to thank Mike for this board. There are now at this time over 235 members on this board. Lots of people don’t post. I would even bet that some of those people don’t even look at the board anymore either.

But I have learned a lot about tiny trailers. I have enjoyed this board more than any other since I started building my mini-hopper over two years ago. I have gotten lots of new ideas for different shapes, sizes, styles, etc of tears form the ones who do post. I’d like to see more post, however it now takes me on some days over an hour to read and possible reread some of the post that are placed here.

I used to post more often than I do and got a e-mail accusing me (not from a member of this board either) of just posting to be posting and that I didn’t have to respond to each and every message.

The way I see it is if you post you expect some type of answer to you post most of the time.

I ain’t the brightest poster on this board. But I’ve learned a lot from the ones who are willing to take a chance and post.

I’m a measure once cut 4 times type of guy. But I’d be willing to make a bet here and now that I could pull my mini-hopper down the road beside any and all of the ones on this board and each and everyone of you would accept it without question.

Not all of us are great builders, not all of use have the ability to build great looking tears or tiny trailers but the ones I’ve seen on this board accept everyone with open minds.

Keep the post coming guys.

If it takes me all day to read the post then I’ll have to work on my next tear at night.

Bufordt
:twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby beverlyt » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:33 am

Buford,
I for one enjoy all the nice people on this board with trailers being a common interest. Keep posting, I enjoy all your posts!

The more posts the better! Would be a pretty boring board if noone ever posted!

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Steve Frederick » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:58 pm

Eddie,
I, for one, enjoy the "chat". I read and learn what I can, post when I have something constructive or encouraging to say.
You might like to try that! I know others would!
P.S I own a hand-built Teardrop, that might not have been completed without the help and encouragement of this board!
Thanx, Mike and All!
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby mikeschn » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:59 pm

eddiedno wrote:go to the memberlist and you will see about 6 members account for over 1/2 of those 5000 posts. more like a chat room to me. how many own tear drops? :lol:

As is always the case, a small number of people account for the majority of the messages. We would like to see more people come out of lurking mode and join in, but for reasons unknown to us, they prefer to lurk.

Still we know that by chatting about a wide variety of teardrop and tiny trailer stuff, we are helping out people anyways! So we are happy to have a growing collection of messages, and if we make just one more person happy, it was all worth while! :D

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Frank » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:53 pm

Well, count me in as one that doesn't post everyday or to every post. I'm not trying to be a recluse or a lurker, just if someone has already said it and most likely better why respond? That doesn't mean I don't really enjoy and learn from the board, because I do. Would have to say that I read 3-4 times a day, 1st thing in the morning and last before retireing to bed. So if I feel the urge(like now) will be posting. Did not think there was a race for # of post, personally like quality. :D

Thank You for all that post, and Mike for the board. :D

Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:00 pm

Aw Frank, you're so nice! You've been a big help, in many ways. BTW, I don't consider you a lurker! No doubt you've seen that I am having my 5x8 built by a fabricator. I kinda miss having you in MI and all your resources. When you get back to visit I'll have to show you the Baja Benroy. And when I get to S.C. I'll show you the Weekender. WHAT you say? Well I figure I can get 33 mpg dragging the Weekender to S.C. :D

Looking forward to seeing some progress on your teardrop as well. What was it you said, you were going to clean out the garage and then start?

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:30 pm

OK Mike,,its a weekender,,so get busy and join us at Davidson in october,,we will save ya a spot if ya do a last min bug out,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion