Inside Luggable Loo

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Inside Luggable Loo

Postby Dfryabq » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:15 pm

So the wifie in our older years needs the restroom a lot at night and doesn't like getting out of the Teardrop in the woods or the long walk to a restroom in a campground, so here is what I came up with for her use at night!

Since i have room at the foot of our mattress I built a cabinet with a slide out top that she can pull out and use then slide it back in and inside you can store TP etc.

Works like a charm, does require a little acrobatic effort, but she is happy! Its very steady and solid, kitty litter inside the doubled garbage bag. The latter pictures were taken before i put the knob on the front.

Dave
Dfryabq
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Inside Luggable Loo

Postby nrody » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:04 pm

I agree with not enjoying those midnight trips to the outhouse.
I got a luggable loo too. I also got a pop up potty/changing shelter for about $35 bucks http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Changing ... B00BXLTPWY and set it up on the backside of the teardrop. It is wonderful to have your own facilities. Also I do double lined trash bags(Costco kitchen liners) and the cheapest kitty litter I can find :-) This past summer we must have driven off without the popup shelter because I can't find it anywhere... Picked up another changing shelter from WallyWorld /www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Shower-Utility/21550152 , it's a different design but roomy and sturdy.
I will get another pop up shelter because it is so quick and easy to put up and take down.
nrody
Nancy
nrody
Donating Member

Postby swoody126 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:39 am

i have been watching similar situations FOR A WHILE...

Roy Schreyer has come up with a solution for his bridal unit that is very inexpensive and works quite well

http://www.roydesignedthat.com/composting-toilet.html

i have been aboard their boat(on the gulf coast) after they had been living aboard for over a week w/o emptying the unit and IT DID NOT SMELL!!!

their unit has been tested from the Texas gulf coast to the cold cold cold north where they live

GREAT CONCEPT

sw
"we are the people our parents warned us about" jb
swoody126
500 Club

Postby Dfryabq » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:38 pm

I have the Ozark Trail changinging tent. We use that when camping during the daytime, but the boss is not a fan of going outside at night, even if its 2'! Sooo, this was my solution and ok for number 1, all else is for outside!

We have the side tent from Ozark trail also that mounts to the legs of the 10' canopy and I have even scooted it right up against the side of the trailer, but shes much happier with this setup, :applause:

Dave
Dfryabq
Teardrop Inspector

Postby 2bits » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:22 am

As I camped in my teardrop I noticed that when I woke up in the morning, hitting a tree wasn't as feasible as it is as it was at night when I was going to bed so after a few trips it became a fairly high priority on my to-do list to find a solution! Being a guy I didn't need the whole lugga loo so my idea was to use a funnel that hooked to a hose that hooked to my grey water tank down below. I sold the teardrop before I did it though. Now I camp in my van or my '68 Scotty and use a urine bottle I got from the hospital. None of that works for a woman but that's a man solution for the cold or daylight pee dilemma !
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Return to General Discussion