The good and the bad: living in a teardrop camper

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

The good and the bad: living in a teardrop camper

Postby HappyCamperWives » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:02 pm

Hey everyone!

New here and to a few other RV forums. We've started sharing our experiences living in a teardrop camper and love that others are doing the same!

We wrote about our first three months on the road http://www.happycamperwives.com/2016/12/14/living-tiny-a-dream-come-true/ and even with a lot of bumps, bruises, and a few tight turns along the way, we have truly experienced the world in a new way.

Excited to keep reading what others are sharing as well!
Valerie + Jessi
(Happy Camper Wives)
HappyCamperWives
Teardrop Inspector

Re: The good and the bad: living in a teardrop camper

Postby QueticoBill » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:56 pm

Love your site. Read a little - will come back to read more of your stories. I hope your journey is continuing. Don't be a stranger here.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby HappyCamperWives » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:00 pm

QueticoBill wrote:Love your site. Read a little - will come back to read more of your stories. I hope your journey is continuing. Don't be a stranger here.

Thank you! If you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see, please let us know. :)
HappyCamperWives
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jandmz » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:18 am

I am enjoying your site, and will go back and read some more.

I appreciate your tip about planning your stops out west. It is probably a regional thing, because "out east" here, we have had pretty good luck traveling in the "off season" and just taking pot luck. We have a bad habit of not thinking about stopping until 7:00 or 8:00 PM.

Are you planning on hitting Big Bend (Texas) or Chaco Canyon (NM). Those are two places on our list, and with retirement approaching, we are looking forward to an extended trip west next year.

If you make a swing east, you may find Red River Gorge in Kentucky interesting. They say that there are over 100 natural stone arches, ranging in size from one that you can only stick your hand through to Gray's Arch, that is a couple hundred feet high.

Well, enjoy your adventure, I'll watch your site.
jandmz
Teardrop Master

Postby HappyCamperWives » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:08 pm

jandmz wrote:I am enjoying your site, and will go back and read some more.

I appreciate your tip about planning your stops out west. It is probably a regional thing, because "out east" here, we have had pretty good luck traveling in the "off season" and just taking pot luck. We have a bad habit of not thinking about stopping until 7:00 or 8:00 PM.

Are you planning on hitting Big Bend (Texas) or Chaco Canyon (NM). Those are two places on our list, and with retirement approaching, we are looking forward to an extended trip west next year.

If you make a swing east, you may find Red River Gorge in Kentucky interesting. They say that there are over 100 natural stone arches, ranging in size from one that you can only stick your hand through to Gray's Arch, that is a couple hundred feet high.

Well, enjoy your adventure, I'll watch your site.

Thank you so very much! We will be in Texas for over a month so that will be great to check out! Also, we haven't traveled east much so thank you thank you for the recommendations! Much needed :)
HappyCamperWives
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion