Neat Toy, battery powered chainsaw

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Neat Toy, battery powered chainsaw

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:52 pm

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5912EE3D

This one did take some time.. but it was growing on top of ledge.. it would have done some serious damage to a chainsaw.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby lrrowe » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Fenlason wrote:https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1962590_788189397908769_6636740212074288087_n.jpg?oh=46ba7c056d8d0293b522988997480358&oe=5912EE3D

This one did take some time.. but it was growing on top of ledge.. it would have done some serious damage to a chainsaw.

Maybe should use dynamite.
:lol: :twisted:
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:00 am

They won't let me have dynamite any more... :cry: :FNP ;)

That one area had another equally nasty stump. They were both on top of mostly soilless ledge. In this case I don't know what other tool I could have used without doing serious damage. For what I do.. this set up is in valuable. :)
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby tsyj » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:37 pm

kudzu wrote:We have an 18v Black & Decker chainsaw. It is not only slow but can't go very long on a charge, even with the newer lithium batteries. The saw is a couple years old. The blade is very short, maybe only 8", and though there have been a few times it was the right tool for the job, most of the time the reciprocating saw is a better choice. We have pine limbs and the occasional tall but spindly pine that drop onto the horse fencing we have in the woods. It is just too far back to drag electrical cords. We'd need several hundred feet. The need for a chainsaw comes up barely once a year. The gas powered saws wouldn't get enough use to warrant the maintenance. When our battery operated saws can't cut it completely, we break out the hand saws to finish off the job.

A somewhat longer and more powerful battery operated saw with a longer battery life would see us through most of our wood cutting chores. I strongly suspect we are the type of people for whom they market these things. Personally, I am so unimpressed with our current chainsaw that I would not consider getting another one. To be on the safe side, I will not tell BF about the newer versions left he optimistically decides to splurge on another. :lol:

Edit: Despite what I wrote above, I would like to know how well the OP's new saw operates. Hope it serves its purpose well.

They've come a long way. We have a 12" 40v B&D I bought with a coinstar certificate. That little saw will cut all day. I have 4 trees on my property, so I didn't need a gas version and this one is perfect to throw in the camper when I know I can go look for wood.

tsyj
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion