Alternative/creative AC options?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Alternative/creative AC options?

Postby HotRod1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:01 pm

The 12 volt sleepers for trucks do use a lot of power. They all have a cut off if your batteries get to a certain point, so you can still start your truck. These have come about because of the non idling rules that have been imposed on the industry. Started in Cali and spread from there. Dometic has a split unit that would work, the compressor sits outside and the evap has its own housing that you attach to the wall. It even has a remote. You would need truck 4 batteries to get 12 hours of cooling and it works off shore power. They also have fridge drawers that can double as a freezer. Arctic Breeze is another brand. A lot of companies put an extra bank of batteries on their trucks so they don't have to worry about draining the start batteries and get stranded in the middle of nowhere. In a toy hauler or similar rig you would have the room, or put in a false floor for your battery bank and then use your 3/4 ton as a TV. Kinda defeats the purpose of a tear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I plan on sliding sideways on fire yelling what a ride when the Lord calls me home.
HotRod1
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to General Discussion