What's considered a weekend trip?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: What's considered a weekend trip?

Postby Sierraguy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:00 pm

I mostly do quick weekend trips. I usually leave home noonish on Friday, drive 3.5 hours over the pass to camp and stay 2 nights then drive home Sunday afternoon.I do several such trips each season. It's a rare treat for me to go for 3 or 4 nights.

Sierraguy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby lfhoward » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:54 pm

I would love to be able to pull up to work with my trailer hooked to my Jeep on Friday morning, and at quitting time, drive directly to a state park! I would camp two nights and be home on Sunday afternoon. More likely because in real life I have responsibilities at home, I would leave Sat & come back Sun though. I was looking at PA state parks this morning trying to figure where I could go in the winter and still have electrical to heat my trailer. There are a few options. Anyone have any favorite spots in PA?

http://dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/staythenight/camping/where/index.htm
My off-road camper build on an M116A3 military chassis:
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62581
Tow vehicle: 2008 Jeep Liberty with a 4 inch lift.
lfhoward
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cosmo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:50 am

I checked the rule book. Some critical pages had coffee stains and jelly donut residue on them and the pages were stuck together. This is what I could make out.

A weekend trip is s defined as on a trip on the weekend. So a one night’er could qualify. But term “weekend trip” implies the trip was for the entire weekend (in random polling). So it MUST be noted so someone does not incorrectly assume it was a true full weekend trip. That could be subject to a penalty or viewed as "bogus news". You would be safe if you said you did an overnighter on the weekend.

A two night’er as long as it is on a weekend should qualify as a weekend trip as long as you actually went somewhere. Sleeping in your own driveway may not qualify as a weekend trip in some circles. However if you live next door to a Walmart or a McDonalds and you park there (even though you could hit your home with a sling shot) that would qualify as a weekend trip as long as you don’t use your home bathroom or return home for a cold one. You would have to use the Walmart bathroom (or dig a pit toilet in the Walmart decorative shrubs) to qualify as a weekend trip and maybe consume a Walmart hotdog to be valid. If you throw in a holiday weekend all bets are off.

Local rules supersede national standards.

I must return to contemplating my navel now.
-Cosmo
Last edited by Cosmo on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:59 am

Friday and Saturday for me. One night is a waste of time. Plus all my CG are a distance away.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bc toys » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:45 am

At least 2 nights and getting off early Friday and leaving late Sunday to head home for me driving no more then 3 hrs to get there
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby PKCSPT » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:15 am

For me it's wednesday Thursday and Friday night, I work Saturday night and my weekend starts on Wednesday
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby dguff » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:28 am

Cosmo wrote:I checked the rule book. Some critical pages had coffee stains and jelly donut residue on them and the pages were stuck together. This is what I could make out.

A weekend trip is a trip on the weekend so a one night’er could qualify. But “weekend trip” implies the trip was for the entire weekend in random polling. So it MUST be noted so someone does not incorrectly assume it was a true full weekend trip. That could be subject to a penalty. You would be safe if you said you did an overnighter on the weekend.

A two night’er as long as it is on a weekend should qualify as a weekend trip as long as you actually went somewhere. Sleeping in your own driveway may not qualify as a weekend trip in some circles. However if you live next door to a Walmart or a McDonalds and you park there that would qualify as a weekend trip as long as you don’t use your home bathroom or return home. You would have to use the Walmart bathroom (or dig a pit toilet in the shrubs) to qualify as a weekend trip and maybe consume a Walmart hotdog to be valid. If you throw in a holiday weekend all bets are off.

Local rules supersede national standards.

I must return to contemplating my navel now.
-Cosmo

I agree! :applause:
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:23 pm

We are in for both!
Like the Friday (drive 2 to 4 hours) return Sunday (or Monday) :thinking:
Wednesday to Friday works too! :thumbsup:
As long as we get our 48 hrs in the USA so we can bring back eBay purchases without paying Tax and Duty.
And we get Mexican food on the way down or back (or both) ;)
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi

Retired :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer: :wine:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:51 am

One night is not long enough to enjoy a good camp-out. I camp almost every time on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, leaving sadly to come back to reality on Sunday. My CG's are usually 2.5 hours away. If I camp at local ones (1 hour or less) then I might do a Friday/Saturday night. And there is no "Rule Book" Mike...Cosmo is playfully pulling your awning string.

Step away from your computer, pack a cooler and head out for a night or two under those gorgeous Wyoming skies and relax. :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby dakippen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:21 am

Two nights, Friday and Saturday. If farther than about 4 hrs, leave work early. But if I didn't have to work, that would be a completely different scenario.....
Build journal: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67862

Doing at almost 60 what I should have done at 20....
dakippen
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rockinrobin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:43 pm

I have a state park 1 hour away that I go to several times a year. Leave Sat. Morning real early. Get there as the folks who just stopped in for the night are pulling out. Spend all day hiking, and meeting other campers. Sat. night looking at stars. Come home mid afternoon Sunday. It makes a good attitude adjustment every couple of months. :)
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby tsyj » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:49 pm

I try to check in 1 minute past check-in on a Friday and leave about 1 hour before checkout on a Sunday for a weekend trip. I'll drive as far as 4 hours for that.
tsyj
Silver Donating Member

Postby Socal Tom » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:26 am

I start the minute I get in the driver's seat, and end the trip when I pull in the driveway. That way I enjoy the drive as well as the time I'm parked. Usually I'll go for two nights, but occasionally I do a one night trip.
Tom

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion