Teardrop heaters

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Teardrop heaters

Postby shootr » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:58 pm

godskid wrote:
shootr wrote:Godskid - I'd go for it - just did another mini test. 3 hours with both on low, tucked into our sleeping bags. They got warm enough that they shut off, most likely for a majority of the time. The voltage stayed at 12.6v from start of test to end. (I never put the charger on after the last test) The bags were too warm for me so I'd be shutting them off soon after pre-heating for 30 minutes or so.

Thanks! I've left them in my Amazon "wishlist" until my next winter trip comes into view.

I hadn't thought of putting them INSIDE the sleeping bag, though. Hmmm!
"Trapping" the heat seems to be key. The very first time I ran them, uncovered just sitting on top of the bags - they got warm, but the next test when I left a pillow on top - that's when they REALLY hit their stride.

I imagine they'll heat up a space the size of a teardrop, but may not be the most efficient mode of operation for these.
shootr
Silver Donating Member

Re: Teardrop heaters

Postby KennethW » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Just a FYI to those looking for a heater for their teardrop or cargo trailer. The price has come down on Diesel parking heaters $126.00 for a FULLY vented forced air heater. They can be run on Kerosene for a cleaned burn. https://www.ebay.com/i/162807313036?ul_noapp=true
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion