Teardrop upgrades

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Teardrop upgrades

Postby nevadatear » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:22 pm

So our teardrop is 7 years old. Time for a little update. Last year we re-varnished. This year we have four small(!) projects. We had some serious wood rot from epoxy failure on the tongue box with delamination. We didn't know how bad until we took it apart. So after 2 months work, we reinstalled it today. Looks pretty damn good! I removed all the old paint, sanded it down, added many coats of epoxy and much sanding,. It brought back not fond memories of sanding epoxy on the trailer! Randy put new, better reinforced skin on the lid, then I painted and painted! So except for the gouge in the lid from installation I can't fix without a total refinish, project 1 is finished.

Project 2 is painting the inside of the hatch to match the tongue box. That is 3/4 done, but I ran out of paint so have to wait until next trip to Reno.

Project 3 is reinstalling the newly-powder coated fenders. They had only been rattle can painted before, so hopefully this will last longer. This would have been completed today, but then I realized I had never ordered the replacement welting for between the fender and the trailer. So that waits too. Living in a small town sucks during times like these.

Final project 4 is adding under hatch/cabinet LED lighting. Got the lights, ran out of time. No worrys, we have two weeks until we leave for the Shasta gathering! No problem!Image
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Re: Teardrop upgrades

Postby Vedette » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:54 am

Don't you just love the pressure of a departure date? :thinking:
Sure helps get things done! :thumbsup:
Count down is on.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi :wine: