I find a sink today or die trying...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Sonetpro » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:14 am

Ira I bought mine from this guy on ebay. Nice Quality.
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlouielalo
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Ira » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:07 am

Too small, Steve, but thanks anyway.

8AM Sunday morning, I'm awake, gonna pick up the newspaper and a cup of coffee, and I'm wearing pants.

First stop Restaurant Depot--then HF.

Life is good.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Ira » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:58 am

I have met the enemy--and I am theirs.

Failure.

Restaurant Depot had something pretty good for $38. It wasn't as deep as I would have liked...8"...but at this stage, what do I know? I figure I would check HF for that parts washer first, but first I ask if my membership card at RD is still valid. Yes, but I need to bring in my resale certificate. Gotta FIND that certficate first, and since I never used it for anything, don't know if it's still valid.

Strike one.

Off to HF, the parts washer measures an ittsy bittsy too big for my space with its lid, but I think I can make it work WITHOUT the lid--which is RIVETED on. (Kind of like rivets.) I battle this in my head, war is useless, because they don't have it in stock anyway.

Off to HD just to smell the lumber. I am disgusted. A beaten man. I'll never use a sink AGAIN. And I start wandering the aisles in search of ideas. I see a large 5 gallon bucket, real deep, and say the hell with this--I'm gonna by a drain assembly and turn THIS into a damn sink.

I go home, cut a nice hole, the drain fits, remove drain, add glue/sealant for top flange, reinsert drain...

And the bottom of the bucket now cracks. A really nice, LONG crack! The type of crack you would never fix in a million years!

Anyone wanna buy a brand-new bucket with a 3-inch hole and a crack in the bottom?

As soon as my wife gets home, I'm gonna try and make the Restaurant Depot thing happen, if my certificate is still good. But I think I'm gonna have to cut like a 3" hole for that, which is easy in plastic when it doesn't break, but do they sell a drill saw this size?

Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby madjack » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:13 pm

...Ira iff'n it were me I would go to the plumbing section at HD and get a 1" drain for a bar sink...much smaller hole to cut, them if you get a RD pan or bowl, use a regular hole saw or find an electrician at a commercial job and ask him to use his "greelee" punch to make a nice clean, burr free hole... here's a link to a HF version of a greenlee punch so you can act like you know what you are talking about..
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Nitetimes » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:14 pm

You might want to consider using a bathroom sink drain so you won't need quite such a large hole to put it in. You can pick up a hole saw at HD of HF for that size hole pretty reasonable.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:18 pm

madjack wrote:here's a link to a HF version of a greenlee punch so you can act like you know what you are talking about..
madjack 8)

Wow! I don't recall ever finding one punch or any other part for my Greenlee hydraulic set for that price! Of course I don't they'd stand up to the abuse I give it.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby 53clipper » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:19 pm

Have you thought about getting a regular RV double sink from resale, yard sale, thrift shop, and cutting one half off to make it a single sink ?
It seems every time I have a garage sale I have one of them around to sell. Though it might not be deep enough for you, unless you can find one that is deep.
I kinda liked the idea of the Rubbermaid pan, and chucking the water overboard !! I always have to have 3 plastic pans for dishwashing, one with hot soapy water, one with a dab of bleach in hot water, and one rinse water, when camping. But then I am certified food manager and that's the way it's done if the dishwasher breaks down. Happy sink hunting.
RVing, and fixing them since 1968.
Never drink and drive, ever.
53clipper
Teardrop Inspector

Postby stjohn » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:58 pm

Ira I have two just like this if you want it ,it's yours (for the price of shipping) PM me and we will work out rhe details.
Mike
Only he who attempts the ridiculous
Can achieve the impossible
stjohn
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion