Yearly improvements

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Yearly improvements

Postby CorgiShack » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:25 pm

Even though our trailer is 14 or 15 years old, each year it gets its share of improvements, deletions and repairs. here are this years.New rearview camera, which has been covered already. Repaint the roof, front and back . Originally I used elastomeric paint over the elastomeric roofing but intended to get dirty and not wash off. So this time I am using latex semi gloss exterior.Different arrangement on the reflective strips.The taillight bulbs have been replaced with red led's and I glued 1" mirrors in a pattern behind them.The mirrors on the car have wider mounting arms, hopefully I won't have problems with vibration or people running into them in parking lots. :frightened: And lastly some new artwork.147970147969147968147967
CorgiShack
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Yearly improvements

Postby GuitarPhotog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:57 pm

I haven't done much work on mine in recent years, but I added a 120V heater for when I have a hookup, and had to build a shelf for it to live on. I haven't used the trailer much since last year's 4500 mile 28-day Tour of the Southwest, so nothing has broken lately ;-)

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby daveesl77 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 am

Ours got (is getting) a fair amount of improvements and maintenance, which I've almost finished. Stripped and revarnish the wood. Replaced the 4 duct fans with better units. Upgraded the internal water system. Made new electrical distribution panel. New battery, some new LEDs. Replaced the Curt trailer light converter, it doinked in less than a year. A bunch of other stuff, mostly because it was fun to do and I'm bored. :-)

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Postby CorgiShack » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:33 am

The led's are an interesting addition. While not cheap at $12 each x 4 they are an easy conversion.I originally got them to reduce the load on the headlight switch. Even though they seem to be the same candlepower overall, the red color and individual points of light are more intense.The other thing I found is that they truly turn on and off instantly.I left the incandescent in one side and put the led in the other and put the emergency flashers on.The led side went fully on, fully off ,the incandescent side went bright and dim never fully turning off.Every little bit helps....I hope.
CorgiShack
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion