The EPA wants to know what you think about scrapping air-pol

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

The EPA wants to know what you think about scrapping air-pol

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:15 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/epa-public-comment-pollution-rules-2017-4
"The US has a lot of rules about which kinds of gases, particles, and forms of radiation can get pumped into the atmosphere.
Many of those regulations were written by the Environmental Protection Agency, under the authority Congress granted it through the Clean Air Act.
President Donald Trump and many other conservatives see these rules as overly burdensome and believe the country should have fewer of them. Trump's EPA chief, Scott Pruitt, vocally endorses that position, too.
Trump signed an executive order in March instructing the EPA to review those rules and revise or repeal them.
The order says it's the "policy of the United States to alleviate unnecessary regulatory burdens placed on the American people."
Trump specifically instructed the EPA to begin dismantling the Clean Power Plan, a sweeping Obama-era law designed to get 47 states to slash greenhouse-gas emissions from their coal plants.
But revising or repealing a regulation that's already on the books isn't so simple. The EPA will have to go through the same arduous, months-long rule making process it used to create the regulations in the first place. And part of that process involves seeking comments from the public.
Now that process is underway.

The EPA has created a page on Regulations.gov where the public can comment. As of writing, it has already logged 1,268 comments, most of which appear to oppose repealing the air-quality regulation.
https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=EPA-HQ-OA-2017-0190-0042
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Re: The EPA wants to know what you think about scrapping air

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Shadow Catcher,

Thanks for the link.
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby kokomoto » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:01 pm

I made my comment at the polls on Election Day. The federal government is too big to succeed.

Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:
kokomoto
Teardrop Master

Postby MtnDon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:37 pm

Thank you for posting the info and the link Shadow Catcher. We have added our pro environment comments.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby JohnnyG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:24 pm

MtnDon wrote:Thank you for posting the info and the link Shadow Catcher. We have added our pro environment comments.

-likewise
JohnnyG
Teardrop Master

Postby jondbar628 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Thanks Shadow...........Being an old dude, I lived through the bad old days (late 50's to late70's) in the southern Ohio valley. Bad air, bad water (unless you liked to catch carp, or enjoyed seeing a river catch fire). Took 35+ years to half-way clean up. Air still bad in the summer heat. Don't wanna go back, for my grandkids sake.
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:36 am

Clean Air , Clean Water .... Perfect for Camping ... :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby JuneBug » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:22 am

jondbar628 wrote:Thanks Shadow...........Being an old dude, I lived through the bad old days (late 50's to late70's) in the southern Ohio valley. Bad air, bad water (unless you liked to catch carp, or enjoyed seeing a river catch fire). Took 35+ years to half-way clean up. Air still bad in the summer heat. Don't wanna go back, for my grandkids sake.

Ditto; I too remember the "good" old days. All life forms do better with clean air, healthy dirt, clean water and a clean food chain. Although some people hate "government" nobody wants more 3 Mile Islands, smog, acid rain, more frequent Ozone Action Days, Deep Water Horizon disasters, Love Canals, Hanford Sites, Houston ship channel in the old days, Cuyahoga River fire of 1952, more Super Fund clean-up sites, pollution from strip mining and clear cutting. The EPA has done a pretty job of sorting things out and keeping more bad stuff from happening.
"The large print giveth; the small print taketh away" Tom Waits
JuneBug
Donating Member

Postby RPH » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Clean air, clean water, great camping. Even wildlife.
Attachments
Clean air, clean water, perfect for camping.jpg
Clean air, clean water, great camping even wildlife
Clean air, clean water, perfect for camping.jpg (617.3 KiB) Viewed 840 times
"Why don't you get a toupee with some brains it!?!"- Moe to Curly
RPH
Teardrop Advisor

Postby MtnDon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:52 pm

So what is the location of the picture?
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby rivernstream » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Very happy to see others weighing in. As a youth who cleaned off oil soaked birds and wrote my first science paper about DDT, I can barely imagine going back. The EPA clean air, clean water and safe drinking water acts have accomplished more good I think than any other agency or law in the past 37 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rivernstream
Gold Donating Member

Postby kokomoto » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:15 pm

rivernstream wrote:Very happy to see others weighing in. As a youth who cleaned off oil soaked birds and wrote my first science paper about DDT, I can barely imagine going back. The EPA clean air, clean water and safe drinking water acts have accomplished more good I think than any other agency or law in the past 37 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those are all laws passed by congress in the early 1970s. They are not EPA regulations, and definitely not the subject of regulatory review mentioned in the original post.
kokomoto
Teardrop Master

Postby rivernstream » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:35 pm

They are the laws that EPA was created to enforce. And the Clean Power plan which is the subject of this is in fact done under their duty to enforce the Clean Air Act.
rivernstream
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:12 am

Apparently , people don’t clean up after themselves... Some “cultures” feel it is their “right” to throw their trash anywhere they want ... Ther oceans are already a giant Toilet ... So who will clean it up ? The Aliens ... :roll:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Irmo Atomics » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:57 am

Shadow Catcher wrote:President Donald Trump and many other conservatives see these rules as overly burdensome and believe the country should have fewer of them. Trump's EPA chief, Scott Pruitt, vocally endorses that position, too.
Trump signed an executive order in March instructing the EPA to review those rules and revise or repeal them.
The order says it's the "policy of the United States to alleviate unnecessary regulatory burdens placed on the American people."
Trump specifically instructed the EPA to begin dismantling the Clean Power Plan, a sweeping Obama-era law designed to get 47 states to slash greenhouse-gas emissions from their coal plants.

I didn’t think that we were supposed to talk politics, but since you started it - I’d like to see a lot of Obama-era laws scrapped. I’m sure that there are a herd of sacred cows up there in “the swamp” that are running for cover. Many of the gains in clean air and water here at home have come from the outsourcing (redistribution) of our industry, jobs and pollution to other countries. Have you seen China’s air? The EPA has done a lot of good for our country, but they have also become just another bloated government agency that over-regulates in the name of progress.
Bob
Irmo Atomics
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to General Discussion