TV

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:32 pm

This is my set up the head unit is a Pyle AM/FM/TV/CD/DVD player and I have an 8" monitor takes up very little space. cost is around $230.00 for the set up.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby IndyCubby » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:01 pm

Mine is like what Trail-of-Tears did....bought my all-in-one head unit and 8" LCD monitor from www.cmttrading.com

As I recall it was under $300....maybe around $250. It's probably cheaper now.

Good Luck![/img]
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby WarPony » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:42 pm

My GF bought me a Polaroid PDM-0817 portable DVD player w/TV docking station. It has a rechargable battery that is supposed to last 3 hours under normal operating conditions. The neat thing about the docking station is that when you snap the DVD player onto the top you can watch TV or a DVD. The docking station has a 75 ohm cable connection on the back, RCA jacks for optional speakers and/or a bigger monitor, 181-channel cable-ready TV tuner and an alarm clock. Both have remote controls and both are AC/DC. The screen is 8", which is plenty good for us but the two speakers are the size of quarters and are kind of "tinny" sounding for my liking. I'll probably get some different ones. Power consumption for the DVD player is less than 25W, the docking station less than 35W. Pretty good, I think. I also purchased a Winegard HA-0130 Hideaway antenna for getting TV reception but haven't installed it yet so I can't speak for it but I do like the Polaroid.

JetBldr has the Orion TV/DVD combo and it has a really good picture and reception. I was going to buy that but the case dimensions were too big for the space I have in my TTT. It looks like a good setup other than that and is also AC/DC, although I don't know the power consumpton it takes.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

TV

Postby rooster » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:02 pm

WarPony, You mentioned something about your Tv antenna, Winegard
HA-0130. Where does one obtain one, and where were you going to install it. I was just going to ask what is being used for antennas. I've never seen one afixed to a teardrop.

Jim, :roll:
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:38 pm

Rooster, don't want to hijack. I'll PM you.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:44 pm

WarPony wrote:Rooster, don't want to hijack. I'll PM you.

Jeff, hi-jack away, I wann know too.......................................................... 8)

edit...never mind, I found it
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Re: TV

Postby cracker39 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:36 am

rooster wrote:WarPony, You mentioned something about your Tv antenna, Winegard
HA-0130. Where does one obtain one, and where were you going to install it. I was just going to ask what is being used for antennas. I've never seen one afixed to a teardrop.

Jim, :roll:

Rooster, I looked at antennas and decided on the Winegard RV3095. It is directional and can be turned to get a signal from inside the trailer. It is also amplified. You can add an amplifier to the HA-0130 if you want. This Summit Source link has the best prices that I've found.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ira » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:35 am

Man, Steve and Indy have some really sweet set-ups there!

I think all I'm gonna do is use one these portable DVD players I got for my for my kids, or my laptop, to watch DVDs. I have portable satellite radio, and although it would be nice to have TV coverage of breaking news, I can get at least get my news from the satellite radio.

Also, TV reception STINKS in Florida, but is there a way to convert/add on something to one of those portable DVD players so I could plug into cable if the site offers it? I know they sell that card/tuner for the laptop.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby cracker39 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:24 pm

Ira, get the tuner card. I have one in my home PC, but only because it came with the graphics card I wanted to do video editing. I can watch TV and do other work at the same time if I want to...and it's cable, as I have Roadrunner Internet. Jut run a coax to an outlet on the outside of your TD for input from the site if they offer it. I'll have one on mine as well as the antenna. I'll also have an exit coax in the same box if I want to take my TV outside to watch it.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

TV

Postby rooster » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:52 pm

Jeff, Dale thanks for the information. I'll be in Anchorage next weekend to see what I can come uo with.

Jim, ;)
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Good news!

Postby jmk1977 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi All,
I found you last week while looking for a new tv for my travel trailer. I found a bunch of websites that sell 12 volt televisions but in the end I had to decide on just one to buy from. I bought an audiovox 15 inch with built in dvd player. The picture is awesome and I also added a mount so I could hang the TV from the wall. Great idea! This is sooo cool. The kids just love it. They have their play station and VCR hooked up to it too.

I'll get some pictures posted here if I remember after I get my film developed. I know I know I know, Go digital! I really need a digital camera. Baby steps old man. :)
If you find yourself in the market for a 12 volt tv I would recommend www.12volt-travel.com.

Be safe out there everyone,
Jimmy
jmk1977
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to General Discussion