Mattress springs and ventilation

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Mattress springs and ventilation

Postby Cosmo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Froli Sleep System?
Says it provides springs and under mattress air circulation to control condensation that can collect there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oeTsr_wuU0

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Re: Mattress springs and ventilation

Postby mary and bob » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:40 pm

If you are looking to eliminate moisture under a mattress, check out Hypervent Marine
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby Cosmo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Thanks,
No moisture problems so far. Was wondering about the comfort factor and user experience.

=Cosmo

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Esteban » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Froli Star springs were recently discussed in the Camp Inn forum. I did a little research and found that Froli Star springs for a queen sized bed cost about $400. While a good nights sleep is almost "priceless" if I was going to spend about $400 to sleep well in a teardrop I'd want to first buy a very good foam or latex mattress before buying Froli springs (if excessive condensation/moisture under a bed isn't an ongoing problem). They add more height to your bed which may interfere with the limited space for your feet between a bed and cabinets above your feet.

Enough Hypervent to support and ventilate a queen sized mattress would cost about 1/4 as much as Froli Star springs do.

:thinking: I do wonder if Froli springs could make a so so mattress considerably more comfortable.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby John61CT » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:12 am

Greenhouse shelving "Dura-Bench" properly supported would give ultimate ventilation.

Maybe epoxying screen fabric like the Mystery13 videos show for foam board would make them more rigid.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby working on it » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:12 am

John61CT wrote:Greenhouse shelving "Dura-Bench" properly supported would give ultimate ventilation.

Maybe epoxying screen fabric like the Mystery13 videos show for foam board would make them more rigid.
I used re-purposed Keter plastic shelving for an under-mattress spacer/waterbarrier on my last trip. (Formerly used as garage shelving, now just piled in a corner, I have lots of 'em, so why not use them? I've been carrying a couple for camping use, since they are waterproof and easily stored.)I arranged several for best fit, tie-wrapped them to one another, and put the mattress(s) on top. Gives about 2 inches of airspace. I recommend them for thicker mattresses, only.
shelving.jpg
shelving.jpg (45.58 KiB) Viewed 450 times
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to General Discussion