Camping as your pscyco doc

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Camping as your pscyco doc

Postby PKCSPT » Thu May 04, 2017 7:52 am

I am an introvert. I work in a hotel at the desk. Camping away from people helps me stay sane. I don't even mind meeting people when camping, everyone is so much more relaxed. But day to day at work or at home, I avoid people as much as possible. I need camping to recharge. Even my husband will tell me I need to go camping if it has been awhile.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby QueticoBill » Thu May 04, 2017 10:56 am

I have to say I prefer solo and tandem canoe trips and backpacking. But yes, it's definitely a mental health remedy.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby djohnsonnv » Thu May 04, 2017 3:02 pm

Its no secret that camping is a great way to refresh the mind. Nothing beasts going out to a place where you have no choice but to let everything go and just relax. A big part of me going crazy now is that i have been too busy and missed the spring camping season (summer is too hot in southern Nevada).

I prefer what I like to call BYOT (bring your own toilet) camping. I have a few spots that the nearest neighbors are probably a half mile away. One that is along the Colorado River.
djohnsonnv
Teardrop Builder

Postby Bill n Robi » Thu May 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Both of us fer shur.... It is funny because we will turn to each other and say "I got to get out of here and go camping somewhere" almost instantaneously. But after 36 years of marriage I can think something and she will detect it and vis a versa, whether it is 'what do you want for dinner' or buying something unusual at the grocery store.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby MtnDon » Thu May 04, 2017 4:51 pm

We camp because we like to camp. We've learned other ways to de-stress as we can't always go camping whenever something might stress us.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Cosmo » Thu May 04, 2017 5:36 pm

De-stressing from work is a big therapeutic component for me.
Decrapifying with the simplicity of camping is a big factor.

Darkness and the sounds of the night are wonderful. Last week I was able to ID 4 species of frogs calling from a nearby vernal pool. I like camping around frogs.

Just spending time in the sun with dirt under my feet and sky above ID'ing birds and watching the friendly groundhogs and clouds reminds me who I actually am again (I am not that guy at work).

I just plain love the outdoors and nature, which is something most teardrop campers might have in common.

=Cosmo

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu May 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Wilderness to the people of America is a spiritual necessity, an antidote to the high pressure of modern life, a means of regaining serenity and equilibrium.
Sigurd F. Olson
Three months after my near fatal heart attack I was sitting on the north shore of Lake Superior.

Our first Tearjerkers gatherings we were a bit concerned how we would be received, they were purposefully inclusive, drawing us in.
They are also a great place to get ideas and as here folks are more than willing to share ideas.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion