How would you lock this galley door setup?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

How would you lock this galley door setup?

Postby Poorlytiedfly » Fri May 05, 2017 8:26 am

Hello
I am about 1 week out from being complete on my NOMAD adventure trailer. The design definitely isn't conventional and the rear galley area is no exception. I have a the standard top hatch that I have decided to use locking Jeep hood latches on the sides. My question is in regards to the lower galley swing out doors. The left overlaps the right where they meet. I think I want to add one more jeep hood latch here to hold left to right - any thoughts?

Poorlytiedfly
Teardrop Advisor

Re: How would you lock this galley door setup?

Postby Socal Tom » Fri May 05, 2017 8:47 am

I can see two options for locking the swinging doors. One would be two drill a couple of holes in the counter. You could drop rods through the holes that would align with eyes that you would put on the interior doors. The other option would be to use "suit case" style locking latches on the doors
Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Fri May 05, 2017 8:48 am

Almost any type of 'draw latch' should do it. Since you're already using Jeep latches maybe you can rig up one more for the lower galley doors.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby 2manytoyz » Fri May 05, 2017 11:05 am

I will not have a galley door with my design per sey but a side hatch. What I was looking at doing was using a automotive door lock actuator and a push button inside the main door to lock and unlock all my hatches simultaneously. This keeps me from having a bunch of keys that I will find a way to loose. It can also be set up with a remote control that way which I am trying to figure out how to match to the remote on my truck.

Brian
2manytoyz
Teardrop Builder

Return to General Discussion