Dead forum.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Dead forum.

Postby alaska teardrop » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:41 pm

slowcowboy wrote:I have never in 5 years or better seen the lack of interest in the t and ttt forum as it is now....crazy but today was the first time in 5 years there was no new post from any one on the general threads...wow people are looseing interest this year in the forum bad! I still swear the lack of interest is due to Facebook controlling people's lives...but that's bad when the general forum thread has no new posts on it in a day by noon...i think the boom days of the tand ttt forum are history like the big gatherings in California....its sad to see...it was such a fun site before Facebook years ago...i used to hang out here all day long and half the night and never touch Facebook now the forum.is dying...slowcowboy..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

:thumbdown: IMO, this is a terribly unfair & inappropriate statement about the T&TTT forum, Mikes efforts & the members that contribute to make this a special place.
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby legojenn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:59 pm

slowcowboy wrote:I have never in 5 years or better seen the lack of interest in the t and ttt forum as it is now....crazy but today was the first time in 5 years there was no new post from any one on the general threads...wow people are looseing interest this year in the forum bad! I still swear the lack of interest is due to Facebook controlling people's lives...but that's bad when the general forum thread has no new posts on it in a day by noon...i think the boom days of the tand ttt forum are history like the big gatherings in California....its sad to see...it was such a fun site before Facebook years ago...i used to hang out here all day long and half the night and never touch Facebook now the forum.is dying...slowcowboy..

Sometimes life gets in the way. I took a break from camping for a few years when I returned to university with year-round courses and taking care of dying parents while still working full time. I'm sure that almost every other poster has things going on in their lives too that take them away from building and travelling. Also realise that the archives of this blog is exhaustive and so many questions can be answered by doing a search. This site is wonderful as it is and it's great that after a multi-year absence that there are familiar names, including yours.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby Mukilteo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:47 pm

slowcowboy wrote:Not sure on solar eclipse I have my cows home lost a cow pasture to a but job buddy at the last minute and you may not want my cows rubbing on your teardrop or have to drive though my irrgation water...wish I could though most of us out here think it's more talk than reality and do not expect record crowds...would love to set up a weekend in a nearby stAte park but I am right I g a big major battle to find work and beat bill guys..so..yea solar eclipse I am just going to watch it for its 8 mins in my lawn chair in pavillion at home..slow.

Slow, I think you have a ideal spot to camp for the eclipse. :)
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

Postby dwgriff1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:09 pm

I joined this forum a long time ago. There was a lot of traffic. My periodic visits since suggest to me that things are slowing down a bit. Back when I joined gas prices were high and we expected there to be an overflowing of tears on the highways, but gas prices came down and everything changed.

Built my all wood/no frame tear in '06. Put about 10,000 miles on it. My wife had Alzheimer's then, but we camped and camped. Then she got worse and I lost her. I have not camped for several years, and the weather has taking a huge toll on the little tear.

Incidentally, in the years I was traveling in my tear I saw other tears on the road just a few times.

New wife is not sure she can sleep in the tear. Ugh

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby Vedette » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:13 am

dwgriff1 wrote:I joined this forum a long time ago. There was a lot of traffic. My periodic visits since suggest to me that things are slowing down a bit. Back when I joined gas prices were high and we expected there to be an overflowing of tears on the highways, but gas prices came down and everything changed.

Built my all wood/no frame tear in '06. Put about 10,000 miles on it. My wife had Alzheimer's then, but we camped and camped. Then she got worse and I lost her. I have not camped for several years, and the weather has taking a huge toll on the little tear.

Incidentally, in the years I was traveling in my tear I saw other tears on the road just a few times.

New wife is not sure she can sleep in the tear. Ugh

dave

Get back in the saddle man! :thumbsup:
Life is way too short to waiter anything :thinking: .......every Teardrop Camping opportunity missed, is one lost! :NC
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:16 am

Wow! 3 pages on one thread on a "Dead Forum" :thinking: ....who would have thought????
"IT'S ALIVE!"
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby razorback » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Just BS Slow. Some people are more interested in raising their post numbers than in helping folks build TDs.
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby mcubberley » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:07 am

razorback wrote:Just BS Slow. Some people are more interested in raising their post numbers than in helping folks build TDs.

Internet points are all the rage right now. There's a reason that "gamification" is even a real word. I think there is a large crowd of accomplished builders and I think the novelty of helping a large crowd of new builders can get old after a while. I don't fault them for not wanting to answer the same question over and over again. It's all in the forum. On the other side of that. It can be hard for us new kids figure out which posts have pertinent information. There is a LOT of info here scattered about in build threads, advice threads, blog threads, etc. and since there is no formal tagging or categorizing comments inside a thread it can be hard to find the. Sort of like looking for that picture of your cousin inside the file box of photos. You know about how deep down it will be but it's still a daunting task. I have found some of the best advice to problems I was facing in threads that were totally unrelated. I wouldn't have found it if I had been trying to search for it.

Forums, in general, are a dying breed. I try to teach my students about the true value of communities like this but it's a challenge because they are used to places like Facebook and Reddit and Imgur. Blah Blah Blah.
Some day I will figure out something to put here. But for now....
mcubberley
Teardrop Master

Postby working on it » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:35 pm

razorback wrote:Just BS Slow. Some people are more interested in raising their post numbers than in helping folks build TDs.
I think that I'm in the other category: people interested in helping. I post long, and longer posts wherever I think that my experiences, whether good or bad, might help others decide to try (or not) some ways I built my trailer. Even my off-the-wall comments might amuse, if no actually help. But, I always attempt to impart either a) a good way to try something, or b) don't try this, I did, and it failed....Whoops, I just accidentally raised my post count (as if anyone cares...there's no money in it).
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion