Dead forum.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Dead forum.

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:28 pm

Everyone's out camping!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby steve cowan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:31 pm

You are right about posts being down but I don't think it's FB.I'd wager the majority of people including myself don't do or have never been on FB. :thumbsup:
steve cowan
Donating Member

Postby shootr » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:17 pm

My trailers built, I'm too busy to use it, so nothing pertinent/constructive to add to the conversation. Doesn't mean I don't show up every day to see whats going, check on builds progress, look for cool new toys and ideas.

But I am sitting in the pool, drinking my :beer: while I type this wishing I was off somewhere in it... :thumbsup:
shootr
Silver Donating Member

Postby low277 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:50 pm

I'm a newer member and just recently donated. I think it's a great site. I will be receiving a new cargo trailer very soon and have been reading the cargo trailer, general, electrical sections heavily!!
NW Minnesota
low277
Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Many of us camping :)
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby lrrowe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:31 pm

shootr wrote:My trailers built, I'm too busy to use it, so nothing pertinent/constructive to add to the conversation. Doesn't mean I don't show up every day to see whats going, check on builds progress, look for cool new toys and ideas.

But I am sitting in the pool, drinking my :beer: while I type this wishing I was off somewhere in it... :thumbsup:

Me too....and with the warm weather now here, there are tooooo many other projects going on.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby IndyTom » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:03 pm

I have my build painfully close, and the summer afternoon projects and honey do's just won't stop. The painful thing is that I am seeing my camper starting to be used for storage for all the things that seem to be flowing through my garage right now. I am hoping to reverse that trend this weekend somehow. But, like everyone else, I am hear almost every day checking on what is going on.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:27 pm

IndyTom wrote:I have my build painfully close, and the summer afternoon projects and honey do's just won't stop. The painful thing is that I am seeing my camper starting to be used for storage for all the things that seem to be flowing through my garage right now. I am hoping to reverse that trend this weekend somehow. But, like everyone else, I am hear almost every day checking on what is going on.

Tom

:lol: My camper becomes storage space every winter; but, mostly for new camping supplies and the like. Camping for the month of June has been on hold because of 3 consecutive sets of visitors at my home and a trip to SLO in So. California, for a family memorial/funeral; plus a new-to-us pooch who needed time to feel comfortable here. Now, I've gotten notice of up-coming jury duty. Don't know what to think about that. Ah, well...This, too, shall pass..... :SH
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:13 am

slowcowboy wrote:I have never in 5 years or better seen the lack of interest in the t and ttt forum as it is now....crazy but today was the first time in 5 years there was no new post from any one on the general threads...wow people are looseing interest this year in the forum bad! I still swear the lack of interest is due to Facebook controlling people's lives...but that's bad when the general forum thread has no new posts on it in a day by noon...i think the boom days of the tand ttt forum are history like the big gatherings in California....its sad to see...it was such a fun site before Facebook years ago...i used to hang out here all day long and half the night and never touch Facebook now the forum.is dying...slowcowboy..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I see new posts every day. Maybe one section has slowed down but there are quite a few people posting all over the forum. Try the "View New Posts" link on the board index.....

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (40.24 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:32 am

absolutsnwbrdr wrote:
slowcowboy wrote:I have never in 5 years or better seen the lack of interest in the t and ttt forum as it is now....crazy but today was the first time in 5 years there was no new post from any one on the general threads...wow people are looseing interest this year in the forum bad! I still swear the lack of interest is due to Facebook controlling people's lives...but that's bad when the general forum thread has no new posts on it in a day by noon...i think the boom days of the tand ttt forum are history like the big gatherings in California....its sad to see...it was such a fun site before Facebook years ago...i used to hang out here all day long and half the night and never touch Facebook now the forum.is dying...slowcowboy..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I see new posts every day. Maybe one section has slowed down but there are quite a few people posting all over the forum. Try the "View New Posts" link on the board index.....

Capture.JPG

Hi, Zach. I see the forum not as dying; but rather, slowing down. I remember a time when we had to 'turn the page' to read the rest of the posts. Now, the posts fit on less than one page, most days. That's not to say that people don't look or use the "view new posts" feature. I think most of us do. I suspect a lot of people still read the posts and get their build instructions from here; but, may be posting their build information elsewhere, rather than take the time to learn how our picture posting mechanisms work. For example, using Facebook, there is no need to reduce the size of the picture or to download a special program to do that. Also, with the wealth of building information found here, there aren't that many questions left unasked or not already talked about. I think a lot of people may be reading here and then going off on their own to build without bothering with the 'payback' of a build thread. While I think this is mainly their loss because they aren't getting the benefit of our comments, it is our loss, too. Add to that, most of us aren't commenting on the posts as much as we used to. Perhaps Facebook's easy push "like" button has made us lazy?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Shoebone » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:14 am

Shoebone
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Fenlason » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:41 am

No No... It's Resting...

Lovely plumage.. :lol:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby dancam » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:10 am

The view new posts feature doesnt work that well i find. I use an app called tapatalk, you can see all threads across the forum sorted by date. Still a fair bit of activity. I think you miss out if you only hit view new posts on the internet explorer, it never seems to show much.
Site may be slowing down, im new so i cant comment on that, but i think its still fairly active.
26 threads commented on in the last 24hrs, im sure many of them were commented on more than once

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
dancam
500 Club

Postby lrrowe » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:44 pm

dancam wrote:The view new posts feature doesnt work that well i find. I use an app called tapatalk, you can see all threads across the forum sorted by date. Still a fair bit of activity. I think you miss out if you only hit view new posts on the internet explorer, it never seems to show much.
Site may be slowing down, im new so i cant comment on that, but i think its still fairly active.
26 threads commented on in the last 24hrs, im sure many of them were commented on more than once

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I never use Tapatalk....do not how it works. Daily, I do check the " unread section." That keeps me up todate on all posts, whether new topics or posts to open topics. But as noted earlier, I will admit I have slowed down on my build's status because of life's other events getting in the way.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Tom Horn » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:54 pm

I don't post a lot myself as if I have a question I usually use the search feature and find the answer without having to start a new thread on it. I am finishing up reconditioning the trailer frame I am using for my teardrop and will be starting the wood work after the storms pass this weekend. When I get going on the wood work I will start build thread. Mine will be a slow thread as I will be building it outside and when I am not at work. So I will have a new thread for everyone to follow fairly soon. I am sure I will have a bunch of question come up as I get to building my teardrop.
Tom Horn
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to General Discussion