Construction Costs?!?! $3,500 O_o

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Construction Costs?!?! $3,500 O_o

Postby bbrider » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:50 pm

BobMarieLitt wrote:
bbrider wrote:
BobMarieLitt wrote:
bbrider wrote:I started with $3000 as my cost to build. Then the little better this and the little better that took over. My wife wanted better windows and doors. I added ac. She wanted tv/dvd on an arm. I upgraded to led lights. Bought a PWM an added to the roof vent fan to slow it down as I liked. Then a better mattress, sheets, pillows, curtains, and bedspread....you know....someone might want to look in it at the campground.

Throw away those cheap taillights and get those good led ones too. Running conduit under the trailer to put all the wire in to protect them from brush and sticks and stuff when we go off road camping. Upgrade the battery to an Optima gel cell too. Buy a trickle charger/maintainer for the battery. Buy that aluminum tool box for the tongue to put it all in. Make up a heavy cord to power the AC stuff and add a through the wall plug. Drink holders, dehumidifiers, mirrors and hooks.

All that being said and $5000 later I am still thinking of things I would like to do to the Wee-Go at some point in time to make it better....LOL. It's an addiction that just keeps on costing, but I enjoy the work on it and we enjoy the using of it and that in the end is what really dictates what is the right amount to spend on your trailer. IMHO

Bill
Hi Bill
Did you say you have a Wee-Go trailer? Out of Bracebridge? Possibly looking at one. Curious about quality of build? Bob & Marie, Ontario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never heard of them. I built my trailer and named it Wee-Go. As far as I knew there are no others with that name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi again,
Sorry , there is a company in Ontario Canada that builds a style of teardrop trailer, somewhat like the the Micro Lite Twist TR7, but larger, called the WeeGo camper trailer, which I am possibly interested in. Sorry, I saw the name and was hoping it was the same brand, not name. Sorry for the error.
Thanks anyway. Good luck on your build! Bob

No problem. I looked them up and really couldn't find anything. Their website is pretty empty and their Facebook is just as empty. I think they must just be getting started or something. I designed and built my trailer a year ago and it doesn't look anything like the one they show on FB. One post only and no phone numbers, just email. Doesn't sound like a full fledged company to me. I would be a little hesitant to spend money with them myself. Just saying.
Naw Bro, We ain't lost. We just ain't never been here before!

Wee-Go build journal:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66964
bbrider
Teardrop Master

Postby John61CT » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:26 pm

See weetrailer.com, aka weeroll
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BobMarieLitt » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:17 pm

bbrider wrote:
BobMarieLitt wrote:
bbrider wrote:
BobMarieLitt wrote:
bbrider wrote:I started with $3000 as my cost to build. Then the little better this and the little better that took over. My wife wanted better windows and doors. I added ac. She wanted tv/dvd on an arm. I upgraded to led lights. Bought a PWM an added to the roof vent fan to slow it down as I liked. Then a better mattress, sheets, pillows, curtains, and bedspread....you know....someone might want to look in it at the campground.

Throw away those cheap taillights and get those good led ones too. Running conduit under the trailer to put all the wire in to protect them from brush and sticks and stuff when we go off road camping. Upgrade the battery to an Optima gel cell too. Buy a trickle charger/maintainer for the battery. Buy that aluminum tool box for the tongue to put it all in. Make up a heavy cord to power the AC stuff and add a through the wall plug. Drink holders, dehumidifiers, mirrors and hooks.

All that being said and $5000 later I am still thinking of things I would like to do to the Wee-Go at some point in time to make it better....LOL. It's an addiction that just keeps on costing, but I enjoy the work on it and we enjoy the using of it and that in the end is what really dictates what is the right amount to spend on your trailer. IMHO

Bill
Hi Bill
Did you say you have a Wee-Go trailer? Out of Bracebridge? Possibly looking at one. Curious about quality of build? Bob & Marie, Ontario

Never heard of them. I built my trailer and named it Wee-Go. As far as I knew there are no others with that name.

Hi again,
Sorry , there is a company in Ontario Canada that builds a style of teardrop trailer, somewhat like the the Micro Lite Twist TR7, but larger, called the WeeGo camper trailer, which I am possibly interested in. Sorry, I saw the name and was hoping it was the same brand, not name. Sorry for the error.
Thanks anyway. Good luck on your build! Bob

No problem. I looked them up and really couldn't find anything. Their website is pretty empty and their Facebook is just as empty. I think they must just be getting started or something. I designed and built my trailer a year ago and it doesn't look anything like the one they show on FB. One post only and no phone numbers, just email. Doesn't sound like a full fledged company to me. I would be a little hesitant to spend money with them myself. Just saying.

Thanks, going to see his trailers in a couple weeks, about 300 kilometres away, but now maybe considering talking to a local cargo trailer builder who says he can custom build! Will see! Thanks for the info and advise!

BobMarieLitt
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to General Discussion