SO, what kind of trailer am I building?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

SO, what kind of trailer am I building?

Postby cajundood » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:04 pm

I have been mulling over a design in my head for the past few weeks now and I'm not sure if theres a name for this design or not.....
Heres what i got: It's gonna be a standup design - standee, it's gonna have the round-over slope in the front, but a 45 degree angle flat galley door on the back, It will have a micro-slideout thats gonna measure approx 48" x 60"....and will slide 22" out. It's gonna be a wide one with the floor measuring 72" x 120"
I based my desing originally off of the renegade design that had the 45 dgree flat panels on the front as well as the back but i feel its easier to do the slope on the front being easier than 45 angles. now the back is a different story. it in no way looks easy to build a rounded galley door like whats in most teardrops, which is why i'll do the flat door.

Sooo...what is this design called? :oops:
cajundood
Teardrop Builder

Re: SO, what kind of trailer am I building?

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:16 pm

:thinking: Depending on how you build the back part, it would probably be called either the Simple: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/The%20Simple.htm

or the Square Teardrop: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/%27Squa ... ardrop.htm ...if I read your comments correctly....
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby cajundood » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:59 pm

hmmm....very close to the mark 2 of the squared design but with a rounded front.
cajundood
Teardrop Builder

Postby cajundood » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:06 pm

I saw this in the Gallery....it most closely represents what i'm gonna try and build. Except with a few variations of course :twisted: .
Like for one...mine will be a standee.
My full height door will be located at the back quarter of the trailer.
I will have a micro slideout on the front quadrant. :thinking:
Instead of the front bottom curling in like in the pictures, mine will just go straight down forming a 90 degree with the floor.
My 5k btu ac will go under the back counter facing into the trailer.
I really like how he built the galley hatch.... :thinking:
1 little twist: :twisted: the inside wall that is exposed, I plan on mounting a led tv and the wall will swivel on a lazy susan to either face into the trailer or outside viewing. (great for the football games)

Sooo....I guess the best thing to call it would be a slant-back benroy.... :beer:

cajundood
Teardrop Builder

Return to General Discussion