heater ideal

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Perfect Heaters

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:24 pm

mazain wrote:Using shore power and a 4 speed ceramic hair dryer. This keeps the temperature at 125 degrees on low speed. It has been excellent so far. The hair dryer is held on the shelf by a spring clamp. Easy on and off. :D

SO TELL ME...do you wear ear plugs while that hair dryer is whining? :lol: A ceramic heater is a lot quieter :shhh: . Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Heater

Postby Aaron Coffee » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:08 pm

I hope to buy an electric blanket or heated mattress pad or electric throw(120 volt)before winter is over for use in the teardrop. My last camping trip of the year is usually labor day week. This year it got down in the 60's a couple of nights and could have used a little extra heat.
Are you saying it gets cold here in South Dakota? I usually get used to it by about March.
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: The new quiet ones.

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:53 pm

mazain wrote:If you look at my post I specifically wrote ceramic. The small ceramic heaters being spoke about so far are noisier and heat to :lol: 1500 or 750 degrees. After freezing to death in South dakota, the whining is like music.

My bad :( . Didn't see ceramic, didn't know they came that way. Every hair dryer I've heard was awful loud. Still think a heater not a hair dryer is the appropriate appliance for heating. A hair dryer doesn't have a safety tip over switch that can save life and property. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Roly Nelson » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Some years ago I bought a small 110 volt electric heater about the size of a cigar box. It works great, sitting on a shelf within the tear. It has a thermostat that kicks it on and off all night long if the temps drop. If left on in the "high" setting, it will drive you out. So it does the job for our little 24 square feet of living area. Sure wish I had one like it that ran on 12 volts.

Roly :thinking:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:02 pm

Roly there are lots of 12vdc heaters out there but some might run your battery down pretty fast.

http://www.directdepot.net/product_info ... ts_id=4360
how about this one?
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Previous

Return to General Discussion