Personal hygiene

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Personal hygiene

Postby daveesl77 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:55 am

We have one of those "tent style" tall, thin shower/changing rooms. We have a Triton 5L on demand propane waterheater. It can run from either pressure water or from the 12v pump system. We use those 2x2' foam interlocking squares for the floor.

Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal -
Donating Member

Postby Rainier70 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:25 am

I have used a wide variety of systems from ultralight backpacking to shower tent to public restroom to camper with full shower. I now have a shower in my camper that I use with a deck sprayer filled with warm water from my stove. It works great, but if water is short I will alternate with washcloth "baths".

Some of the best products that I have used are baby wipes,biodegradable cleaners, no rinse body wash/bath, microfiber towels and cloths.

Backpacking I have done full cleanups using a tiny bit of body wash on a synthetic cloth, with a full shampoo using a ziplock bag of warm water. Drying with a small microfiber towel.
The public restroom is one of the harder issues. Clean up and dressing in a stall is a balancing act. A quick shampoo can also be accomplished in the sink with a cup or cut off water bottle. Again a small microfiber towel.

When water and all else fails a little of no rinse body wash can do wonders. It is concentrated so you only mix a little bit, and it works great: ... B16S8&th=1

500 Club

Postby tony.latham » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:32 am

Teardrop simplicity.

Silver Donating Member

Return to General Discussion