Another adhesive

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Another adhesive

Postby QueticoBill » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:35 am

Anyone here have experience with Simalfa? https://www.simalfa.com/products/321 Looks promising and a good report from another field of interest.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Re: Another adhesive

Postby jondbar628 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:53 pm

After almost a month with no reply, I'm guessing no one has tried this. Going to the website, it looks like a commercial product, possibly not available in smaller quantities. One of the mitigating factors, to me, is that it is listed as 'instant bond'. This may pose a problem for TTT-centric construction, where you usually have very few hands gluing larger spans. Some wiggle-time is almost a necessity in both wood and foam builds. But it certainly could have specific applications if available in handyman-sized containers. ...just my 2 cents.........jd
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Postby Dan242 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 am

I have been real happy with the Loctite PL 3X Premium Construction Adhesive. Easy to work with, good gap filling, no instant bond and the wood comes apart before the glue joint. When I started I tried Gorilla Glue, Titebond and another one I forget, Once I started working with the PL 3x glue, I never went back, stuff is pretty amazing, at least for my all wood trailer
Dan242
Teardrop Master

Postby Aguyfromohio » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:57 am

There are some great adhesives that just are not available to individual consumers.
One example is Ashland Chemical's IsoGrip, a water-kicked system.

http://www.ashland.com/file_source/Ashl ... ochure.pdf

Some of these products are sold only in large amounts to commercial accounts.
The manufacturers aren't interested in packaging and labeling small amounts for home owners and hobbyists.
Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Return to General Discussion