Titling Opinions of apache

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Titling Opinions of apache

Postby OCBINVA » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:51 am

Opinions needed. I have an apache soft side. With brand new unused canvas. I got it in a Craigslist barter. The guy signed the Pennsylvania title over to me as executor. It was is aunt's. I confirmed she had in fact passed online. Went to register at Virginia DMV and they stated I needed him to get me a PA Form 19. So I tried to contact him both going to house, email, and call and nothing. I am in VA so I been debating selling it to some one in a neighboring state who has less restrictive titling issues. I still have my 66 Beeline and 65 Cox camper. However friend recommended I pull body off. Update frame how I want (i.e. Springs, bearing, paint then register as a homebuilt. ) I hate to have a title that says home built instead of the original 1967 but I also hate to give up such a good camper. My other though was to use canvas and rods to make a pickup bed mounted tent. All insight is appreciated since I never have had a titling issue before. Thanks Image

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
The Perpetual Tinkerer... The Goal: To keep Idle hands Busy, the Mind active, and the Muscles stretched...

Current Build: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69709

Owner of a 66 Beeline, a 65 COX, and a 66 Apache and soon to be Micro Outdoorsman
OCBINVA
Teardrop Builder

Re: Titling Opinions of apache

Postby Padilen » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:16 am

It's to nice to not keep it as it is. IMO. I'd keep after the title info you need or please with the DMV.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby mary and bob » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:58 am

I know others here have registered campers in Maine when their home state became too much of a hassle. I assume the form that Virginia wants has to have a notarized signature, so you can't forge someone's name ? I was able to get around a "no title" issue here in NY by answering yes to DMV's question of "has this trailer been in your possession more than one year"? Maybe another option is saying it was abandoned on your property. I've found that just by going back to the Motor Vehicle office, to a different clerk, that paperwork that was previously refused is now just fine.
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby OCBINVA » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:46 pm

mary and bob wrote:I know others here have registered campers in Maine when their home state became too much of a hassle. I assume the form that Virginia wants has to have a notarized signature, so you can't forge someone's name ? I was able to get around a "no title" issue here in NY by answering yes to DMV's question of "has this trailer been in your possession more than one year"? Maybe another option is saying it was abandoned on your property. I've found that just by going back to the Motor Vehicle office, to a different clerk, that paperwork that was previously refused is now just fine.
I have done the abandoned trailer before. Took forever and like you said I went to multiple DMVs u til I found one who took the paperwork.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
The Perpetual Tinkerer... The Goal: To keep Idle hands Busy, the Mind active, and the Muscles stretched...

Current Build: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69709

Owner of a 66 Beeline, a 65 COX, and a 66 Apache and soon to be Micro Outdoorsman
OCBINVA
Teardrop Builder

Return to General Discussion