What do you do with your shoes?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: What do you do with your shoes?

Postby John61CT » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:52 pm

greygoos wrote:I have seen smaller trailers where the builder installed a drawer underneath the cabin and you can sit in the doorway and place your shoes inside for the night. Build it as simple or fancy as you like. Here is an example. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=41216 Its the second posting on the page

I've been looking for drop floor designs, thanks!

Any more would be very welcome
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: What do you do with your shoes?

Postby ae6black » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:07 pm

When I was in college, I went on a canoe camping weekend trip with a couple of guys when we were on break. One guy had never gone camping before in his life. For some reason, he thought a pair of oil tanned cowboy boots would come in handy. That night some critter chewed through a perfectly good tent wall to get to those boots and ate half the sole off of one. Ticked me off because this guy had never bothered to close the zipper on the door, the critter could have just walked a foot around the corner and gained access to the boots without eating a hole through the tent to get to them. I generally just use a plastic tub with a locking lid. It can either sit outside on the TD fender or when it's cold I bring it in and let it sit where it will be least in my way.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion