Are you building a new trailer Look around

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Are you building a new trailer Look around

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:43 am

I joined this forum at it's birth. ;)
I have spent years on this forum reading, researching, giving ideas, getting them too.

I like many had never build anything as big as a Teardrop trailer. I came up with a design and it took me 5 years to build it. So long that Mike almost kicked me off. My design was very basic. No galley, It's first doors were sheets of wood with small holes with a flap of wood covering them so I would look out when I woke up. I pulled it thousands of miles over that time I got new doors and windows too.
I am now working on my second trailer and have had so many obstacles get in my way I am approaching 5 years again.

If you are Building a trailer and have not done it before.
1. go to Design Resources at the top of the screen. Home... Hall of fame... Design Resources Click on it now. Take a look at "Generic Benroy Plans".
Here you will find the basics of a build you do not have to build a Benroy. you can apply this to any build. He is giving you the basics. Looking at the other plans will help too.

Before asking about any thing you do not understand.
First fry The search site at the top too. Put in your subject and find you what others have said from the past. A true past to the future!! :beer:

Your Subject line needs to be thought out so those of us that know the answer or also want to know the answer too.

There are People here from all walks of life many have build more then 2 teardrops. Some have past-away but the ideas and input they have given to this forum will be here to this forum dies too. Ask and you will recieve.
And where am I with my trailer.... I am back to the needing 3 doors and window coverings to be able to pull it. Will it ever finish my trailer... few do.. many go to a gathering and go home and pull it apart and add a new part they saw and liked.

We have fun here this is family for me. Hope you like it here and come out with a fun new way to camp. :thumbsup:
:oops: Oh one last thang hit Preview before hitting sumit. You may find you might have left out a word or crossed a TT.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: Are you building a new trailer Look around

Postby Vedette » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi Ron
Yes, you have been here along time, and that is nice to see. :thumbsup: As so many come and go from this Forum. :roll:
As Forums go this one is fairly active, and is definitely a building Forum. I came here just for information when I started my first build 6 years ago.
Fortunately I got it done and found the real joy of Teardrops.........the Camping, the Travelling, and the People! :thumbsup:
Building may have been fun (I am currently on my second build) but making a career out of a build can get old and frustrating for most. :thinking:
This is why I think there is such a turn over of members here on the Forum, and a lot of projects that never get finished.
I also feel that some of the encouragement given here can instil false confidence in some future builders; as what may be easy for one person, is a
major challenge for others. My mother used to have a saying she used all of the time "The road to hell is paved with good intention!"
Sometimes it is better to be brutally honest and not lead people down the garden path.
I personally keep coming to this Forum and try to participate on a regular basis. But, I use it more as a tool to "Promote Camping Events" now, and only find the occasional new idea here. Most of what is here can be seen first hand, up close, and in person at any major Gathering; with the extra bonus of meeting new friends.
We look forward to meeting you some day on the "Camping Trail" :wine:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Return to General Discussion