Air Conditioner

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Chip » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:46 pm

Critter,, why not mount it so it slides into a fake cabnet on the side ,, when ya get to campsite,, slide it out and open cabnet door and wala,, cool air inside,, hot air outside,, you could mount it on full extention drawer slides and that way it would have a long way it could slide,,,

just thinking out loud

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:47 pm

Hi Earl,

You're right, I don't have one yet... :(

Thanks for the nice comment :thumbsup:

The a/c slides out on drawer guides about 6" or so.
The link below has a pic. that shows the sink and cabinet.
The a/c is in the bottom half, when in use, just open the door.

Not as ideal as a roof mount, or a high up on the wall mount, but the best option available for me.

Rob

http://photobucket.com/albums/v284/1948rob/Cabin%20car%20project/?action=view&current=P5089733.jpg
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby critter » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:58 pm

hey chip,
i just thought i wouldnt haul the thing around everywhere 85% of the places i camp wont have shore power,a huntin and a fishin and a pickin whuddya think? :roll:
critter

salad anit food... its what food eats!

critter
critter
500 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:35 pm

rampage wrote:how do you think it would work on a 5X8 in hot&muggy FL? i'm worried that a 5000btu from HD might keep freezing up on me, not to mention finding a way to vent the thing. it seems that the petcool wouldnt be over powered and would be eisier to work with. i'm just not sure its got enough power for this neck of the woods. anyone in the FL area with suggestions would be great. Steve i see you are just around the corner from me. i'm in the green cove springs area.

Hey we are neighbors, how bout that. I put a 5000 btu in my 5X10 TD, the AC unit is hidden from the outside of the trailer and uses a 600 cfm bathroom fan to suck the air away from the hot side of the AC and blow it out the bottom of the trailer through a blast gate I close while on the road. I got the exhaust fan idea from Woody. He ran his AC a month straight and had no problems with freeze ups or anything.

Steve 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby cracker39 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:14 pm

Like Steve and Ira, I'm putting a 5000 btu unit in my TTT. Of course, I'll have 3 to 4 times the interior volume of a TD, and mine will be mounted in the rear, sticking outside just like window mounted in a house, so I don't think I'll have any freeze up problems. And, like Ira says, the cost made the decision easy. As for the remote, maybe if I can find a model with the remote. I'm leaning in favor of the Goldstar at HD or Haier at lowes. Both have upward directed air flow so it will circulate around us and not directly on us.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion