Highway rest stops are disappearing

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Highway rest stops are disappearing

Postby mary and bob » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:57 am

edit
Last edited by mary and bob on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:44 am

Welcome to the club. at lot of the rest-stops that I remember as a kid going back and fourth to central/northern Ontario are gone. all of them pretty much that remain are closed in winter as well, so if you're in the middle of no-where and need to do #2 you'd best get comfortable. of the stops along my usual route, the ones that remain open still aren't cleaned in the winter, and a few of them have had.. well.. mountains poking up from the darkness below.. if you know what I mean. The one in Tory Hill was especially bad this year.

I didn't want to put a solids container in my TT, but I may have to work it into the design. Towns with Coffee shops with public washrooms are not that common up there, plus I don't want to be buying coffee when I'm already tryin' to hold er in.
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Postby doris s. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:25 pm

When my kids were little and we were traveling across the country camping I had a poti potty and a some pop up tent. If no restroom was around I would pull off the road pop up the potty tent put the porti potty in tent and we all got a turn, lol. Afterward I would put everything back in our truck and away we would go. Dumping the potty was easy at a campground dump station. You may want to invest in the potty and tent, it comes in handy.

Doris
doris s.
500 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion