Surviving Campground Bathrooms

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Surviving Campground Bathrooms

Postby S. Heisley » Sun May 13, 2018 6:28 pm

working on it wrote:
Dale M. wrote:Something not mentioned....

Also use it on toilet seats and then wipe down with paper towel.... Helps kill odor in pit toilets...

Dale
  • For many years, I worked & played among many "uncivilized" personnel at work, at racetracks, and loading docks, without care or good personal habits: toilet seats were not lifted, seats were stood upon, and toilets left unflushed for hours/days. I may not be the cleanest person around, but those bad habits were beyond my tolerance, so I always carried a can of Lysol when I was at work, and a supply of "kitchen wipes" when racing (good for cleaning grease/oil off your hands, too). I use them at campsites, for all my cleanup, also, since I always have some in my truck & camper, just in case.
  • But, I'm considering always carrying a pocket-sized alternative with me, for the times my wife drags me to a street festival, a music venue, or even a stadium (where bad bathroom habits also thrive). I'm getting old, and must frequent the facilities more often now, but my predilection for clean toilet seats hasn't abated, so I'll purchase some of these, before my next outing into the wild (or city). I wish I had some cleaners last night, at a bar (to hear music, only...we don't drink). I wasn't very happy 'til I got home....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A7HVLHQ/re ... 56088&sr=5

Good Idea! Thanks! :D
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby KennethW » Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Has anyone tried the C-head toilet? Looks rather easy to copy.
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Mon May 14, 2018 5:59 am

Does reporting this to the campground owner make any difference… ??? Maybe there should be a Rating system for campgrounds that takes this into consideration , so you could pick spots that do provide Clean sanitary conditions …
And maybe there should be a rating system for campers that leave bathrooms a mess for other people to contend with … :roll:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tripmaker » Mon May 14, 2018 8:51 am

GPW wrote:Does reporting this to the campground owner make any difference… ??? Maybe there should be a Rating system for campgrounds that takes this into consideration , so you could pick spots that do provide Clean sanitary conditions …
And maybe there should be a rating system for campers that leave bathrooms a mess for other people to contend with … :roll:

For most campground operators it's most likely a looseing battle, especially on busy weekends.

The users are another question. I am amazed at the amount of toilet paper dumped on the floor. Most of it sitting in puddles. Many showers look like they were used by water buffalo, rather than humans. And what's with the kids that like to hang out in the bathrooms? I don't remember doing that.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby nay nay » Tue May 15, 2018 12:53 am

All of these are among the reasons why I am opting to bring my own. I would much rather have the option depending on circumstances - esp as I age. Besides, the last thing I want to do first thing in the morning is wait in line with strangers to be able to pee.
Some folks get all freaky squeamish about that, but I am pretty sure that it will not be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nay nay
Teardrop Builder

Postby GPW » Sat May 19, 2018 5:04 am

....Saw this , emergency strategy :o
Attachments
Toilet seat .jpg
Toilet seat .jpg (33.62 KiB) Viewed 933 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat May 19, 2018 4:33 pm

GPW wrote:....Saw this , emergency strategy :o

Ahhh..."liquids" will go right through socks; plus, I wouldn't want to get my hands that close to the seat. :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby GPW » Sun May 20, 2018 5:12 am

if the bathrooms are that BAD , then best not camp there eh ??? :frightened: .

Everyone needs to talk to each other and report these things so the problem will be taken care of , or it becomes a place to be avoided … some campgrounds don’t need to be in business … We have all been to those before … Never again …

A published List of Filthy campground bathrooms should be posted for all to see… and AVOID !!!
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sun May 20, 2018 6:40 am

Having been in maintenance & custodial jobs. My take is completely different. It's a people problem. There isn't any reason for the way people use and leave these facilities. I've been in bathrooms from 3 employee's to well over 200. And I'd not use any of them before cleaning. I was also a sub custodian in public schools. There was never any waste in the sanitary waste. Toilets would be plugged often daily. I talked to the Principal and VP. The VP, took the girls in and had to show them the sanitary waste receptacle. She also explained how many germs we're on the walls and mirrors. So they'd not "kiss" blot their lipstick on them. After awhile kids actually came and thanked me for how clean the bathrooms were.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion