Rain days in camp?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Rain days in camp?

Postby Tom&Shelly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:56 am

Shelly and I just got back from a week tent camping in Colorado, and I'm proud to say we are responsible for three days of very heavy rain on the 416 Fire near Durango!

Well, circumstantially at least: 1. It always rains when I go camping, B. We arrived at Molas Lake on Wednesday, and the monsoon started Thursday afternoon. Anyway, I'll claim credit! :D

The monsoon weather followed the usual pattern for Colorado this time of year: Cold before the Sun comes up, rapidly warming with cloud free skies in the morning. The clouds started around mid-morning, and by mid-afternoon we were getting thunderstorms. Often they end around evening, but in this case they kept coming until after dark. Rather than try and cook in the rain, we ate our light meal in the evenings and, one time, went into Silverton for dinner. In the afternoon we napped in a dry tent while the rain and hail came down, and did a lot of reading.

We did watch one movie on the DVD player built into our car's radio, but seemed like cheating.

Tom
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Re: Rain days in camp?

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Tarps Three on the tear and a Noah's between trees.

Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion