Anybody with utility patent experience?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Anybody with utility patent experience?

Postby 2bits » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:19 am

Personally I think you are wasting your time with the whole patent idea. Just start building and focus on your business. You already stated you have limited funds to even apply for a patent and then if you get it so what if someone "violates" your patent? (You know it takes years to get a patent) People in this group consider stealing a compliment. Is it really that revolutionary where they will be flying off the car lot to the point that you need to hold on with a clenched fist? Say a home builder in this group builds one for their family, are you going to sue? Teardropping is a community and unless you are a big company that is worried about another big company stealing your idea and taking away your "market share" I think it is just time spinning wheels and taking away for your main goal. It's not the longer lasting lightbulb, it is a teardrop and honestly after all your effort.... the idea has probably already been thought of and probably on this forum too. Instead I would just share your idea here to get input and advice which is what the forum is intended to do. inclusion, not exclusion. I guarantee that no one here is going to see your idea and run out and open a business, or keep keep it to yourself and get to work on your business plan but this is probably not a great place to ask how to not share idea. Good luck on your venture... MY goal is to create a 10' camper that has a full bed and a full bath.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby friz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:33 am

Like said above. The cost of getting a patent is peanuts compared to trying to defend one. Forget trying to defend one over seas. Invest your resources into marketing and manufacturing. The additional costs of protecting your intellectual property may very well cripple your product in the market. Some things to think about.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby John61CT » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:30 am

And strike while the iron is hot, look at WeeRoll, if they could triple throughput they'd still have a long waitlist, and that's just based on build quality, no radical innovative design or technology.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion