Ants!!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Ants!!

Postby toconnor602 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:19 am

What are some things you do to keep ants out of your camper? I previously parked my camper on a big ant hill. They infested my battery box on the front of the trainer and noticed them getting into the cabin? Any tips or tricks to keep the ants away are appreciated!
toconnor602
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Ants!!

Postby GPW » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:03 pm

Ants !!! grrrr !!! Best spray them with Ant Killer , try to keep it ( the spray and the Ants ) outside the cabin … Some people mention sprinkling powdered cinnamon around … That may be a good choice inside to try … And keep an eye on them so they don’t come back , or worse nest inside your trailer … :frightened: They got in mine and made a mess for me to fix … :x
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby flyguide » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Sprinkle Triazinon around trailer once a month
flyguide
Teardrop Master

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:04 am

I have a rather troublesome problem with them at my parent's place. The back cabin I stay in when i'm visiting is basically built on a giant colony. They generally send out 'scouts' which lay down a scent trail for others to follow. I find a good tactic, if you're willing to spend the time is to follow the little buggers back to where they enter and place down a peanut butter trap - one of those little raid ones. then I scrub the floor where they've gone with vinegar to eliminate the 'trail'

once the inside ones are gone, it comes down to sealing as best you can and then coating the areas around where they might get in with something like borax. on a trailer, that might be a problem since it would wash off easily, so you might have to use it inside instead. If you have shaggy carpets, giving them a nice dosing with diatomaceous earth might help as well, the small particles cut them open and they will dry out and die - if you want to do a one-two punch with that, put down a small water source with your favorite ant killer food mixed in.. they'll be looking for a drink.
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion