kapsul w5

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

kapsul w5

Postby Tom Horn » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:40 pm

Looking at different air conditioner options to build into my camper and came across this. It looks pretty interesting but it won't ship out till next spring if you pre buy it. I like the size of the unit and looks like it would be easy to fab into the camper vs the traditional window a/c. Here is their website to check it out and see what you think.
https://www.kapsulair.com/pre-order?adg ... 6cQAvD_BwE
Tom Horn
Teardrop Advisor

Re: kapsul w5

Postby bmr528 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Definately looks interesting, a bit pricey though..

djl
bmr528
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tom Horn » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:02 pm

I was thinking that but not much more than I could get a climate right for. Definitely more expensive than a standard 5000 btu window unit. I am just liking the size and that it could actually look good installed in my camper.
Tom Horn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby greygoos » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:03 pm

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2017/04/ ... t-swanson/ Take a look at this. I am not saying its the same people but it does look similar
Attachments
noria-air-conditioner-kickstarter-likuma-labs.jpg
noria-air-conditioner-kickstarter-likuma-labs.jpg (232.57 KiB) Viewed 571 times
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Postby Tom Horn » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:51 pm

greygoos wrote:https://www.phillymag.com/news/2017/04/18/noria-air-conditioner-kickstarter-kurt-swanson/ Take a look at this. I am not saying its the same people but it does look similar

From what I gather on their facebook page that is them they just changed their name getting ready for the launch of the unit. I am a little hesitant now more so after reading the comments from people being tired of the launch being put off repeatedly I assume by what I read. I know it takes a while to bring a new product to market, but just seeing this and people's comments on waiting a long time has me leary of them right now. I guess if I am not done building by then if they launch I will look into them more otherwise I might just go the climateright way instead. We shall see.
Tom Horn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Florida Native » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:52 am

I've been watching this on and off for the last few years. The release date keeps getting pushed back. They are definitely the same as the Noria air conditioner kickstarter project. The name change was due to trademark/legal issues.

I like the idea, it should be easy to incorporate the mounting panel into a build then click the AC in when at camp or leave at home if not traveling in the summer. Not interested enough to pre-order; I will wait for real reviews before spending my own money on it. Plus, my build is still a year or two away.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Florida Native
Teardrop Builder

Return to General Discussion