Gas or charchoal?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Gas or charchoal?

Postby DaddyJeep » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:09 pm

2bits wrote: I am not a purist or a BBQ snob

I don't "taste the gas, that is the most ludicrous thing I ever hear when people say that.

Please forgive my pre emptive defense, someone has to stand up for the poor misunderstood minority of left handed, gas grillin, bass players who thinks the best cars were made in the 70s:

BBQ purist... yes I am. BBQ snob... maybe

I have spoiled myself, my family, and my friends by cooking over apple wood for the last couple decades. I have thousands of customers that think I 'm doing ok.

I tried cooking chicken over my propane camp stove a few years back and we all agreed the propane tasted terrible. Had we been cooking over that wretched stuff along we would have never noticed. Our neighbors at the camp site loved the chicken. I have since built a proper cooking apparatus for our camping.

I'll have a hard time arguing with you on your third point.
My big hybrid toy hauler with lots of curves build viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69618

DaddyJeep
Teardrop Master

Postby friz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:53 am

I use white gas for stove top cooking and charcoal for grilling. I dont feel comfortable having fuel under pressure in my camper.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:47 pm

I use both, and many other fuels. White gas, twigs, etc. We can only use white gas or propane during wildfire season. I prefer to cook over wood or charcoal.
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby RonS » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 pm

2bits wrote: and no I don't "taste the gas, that is the most ludicrous thing I ever hear when people say that. People who say that don't cook with gas

Just because your palate isn't refined enough to notice the taste doesn't make it ludicrous. I will agree though, those of us that DO notice the horrible taste from cooking on gas don't continue to subject ourselves to it, and refuse to cook on gas.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
RonS
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to General Discussion