Did the park/campground say anything?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Did the park/campground say anything?

Postby Dahlia47 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:41 am

So, I am getting things for our outdoor restroom/bath. Our little travel trailer doesn't have one inside. its too small. So I looked on line and saw some really nice outdoor set ups. So I don't like public restrooms. Id rather have my own. And the late night walks to the restroom....I like to stay close by.
So I am thinking, have any of you had trouble with the park or campground complaining or raising eyebrows when they see your outdoor restroom?

My little set up will be hanging from the back, with a couple curtains, there will be a luggable loo, a rechargable shower head with a small tin tub. Ill go ahead and put up some pics over the weekend.
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Re: Did the park/campground say anything?

Postby capnTelescope » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Dahlia47 wrote:raising eyebrows when they see your outdoor restroom?

As long as you're not digging a pit :thinking: or just stepping behind that bush over there :frightened: , most state parks recognize the need to uh, umm, you know, and are okay with an outdoor restroom. :thumbsup:

If it's a privacy tent, just remember the walls are really, really thin. :roll:

Your mileage may vary at RV parks.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby KTM_Guy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:59 pm

We don't use one yet will be getting one of the small tent ones. I see them all the time so don't think your'll have a problem. I did see a ranger was called in to talk to some people in the campsite next to us in Zion because they were using a hose to the campground spicket to their shower tent. The gray water ran to a storm water drain next to their site and into the Virgin river. We saw shampoo bubbles flowing down the river. If you do something dumb like that I would hope you get a talking to. On a side note the couple on the other side of us was from Germany and she went to the river and stripped down and washed in the river. :shock: I acted like I was appalled. :oops: :lol:

But like the Captan said check how see through the material is at night with a light on. You may have to move the light around to find the best spot. Have someone out side and check all sides if you need to. The best spot is to have the light over head. I have a good story about that in a campground too but this is a family friendly site. :lol:

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby Dahlia47 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:09 pm

OMG! Ya'all are hilarious!!
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Postby twisted lines » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:43 pm

KTM_Guy wrote: On a side note the couple on the other side of us was from Germany and she went to the river and stripped down and washed in the river. :shock: I acted like I was appalled. :oops: :lol:

Todd

So did she use soap or not; What would be proper :thinking:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby 2bits » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:58 am

A few years ago we were at Beavers Bend, OK State park, and the newbie camp host made a friend take down their potty tent because they assumed it was a shower and assumed we were letting the gray water just run off which you cant do at any park. Well, that's alot of assuming and when we told them it was not a shower and there was just a porta potty in there they acted like a little bully and said it had to come down anyway. It is sad when people make a mistake and then marry themselves to an idea like that and just can't let go because it usually backfires on them which it did when we called the park office who told the camp host that yes we could have the potty tent they were also instructed to not come down to our loop for the remainder of our stay. 8) Point of the story is to know that park rules in advance so if anyone does say anything you already know what is allowed and what isn't.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby tony.latham » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:11 am

Another good reason to stick to the boondocks.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:17 pm

I wish I could but no where like that around here unfortunately, this was the only time I've ever had a problem in 10 years though
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby capnTelescope » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:26 pm

tony.latham wrote:Another good reason to stick to the boondocks ...

:thinking: where your folding shovel is the "flush handle."

Pretty spot, BTW. :thumbsup:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby Karen Clancy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:38 am

We had a campground host come storming in on us this past summer wanting to know what that was , when I asked her what she was referring too ( which only made her more pissed ) I calmly told her it's a tent . Well that did not go over to well I wanted to tell her that I sleep standing upright , but thought that might get us throwing out. I then told her that is used to get changed in her reply to that was oh ok . I didn't tell her that the porta potty was in there also . Kerry
Karen Clancy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby swoody126 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:39 am

2bits wrote:...

Point of the story is to know that park rules in advance so if anyone does say anything you already know what is allowed and what isn't.

Thomas, educating one's self is NEVER wrong

sw
"we are the people our parents warned us about" jb
swoody126
500 Club

Postby crttaz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:15 am

KTM_Guy wrote:On a side note the couple on the other side of us was from Germany and she went to the river and stripped down and washed in the river. :shock: I acted like I was appalled. :oops: :lol:

Why is it always zee Germans? I have a friend that is boon docking her 45' 5th wheel, currently somewhere in AZ and she had the same story at the beginning of summer. The worst part is she was in the middle of NO WHERE and they parked about 40 yards from her. So anytime she complains about neighbors it is "zee Germans are back" as an inside joke.
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:42 pm

crttaz wrote:
KTM_Guy wrote:On a side note the couple on the other side of us was from Germany and she went to the river and stripped down and washed in the river. :shock: I acted like I was appalled. :oops: :lol:

Why is it always zee Germans? I have a friend that is boon docking her 45' 5th wheel, currently somewhere in AZ and she had the same story at the beginning of summer. The worst part is she was in the middle of NO WHERE and they parked about 40 yards from her. So anytime she complains about neighbors it is "zee Germans are back" as an inside joke.

Germans have a slightly more casual attitude about clothing; a point emphasized by the pro-tourism movies the West German consulate used to send to my high school German class, in the days before our town had cable television. We loved movie day!

Of course, now I (and probably my high school classmates) are more worldly, more refined, and more aware of the fact that some (many) people should never be without clothing! A point glossed over in those movies!

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby KTM_Guy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:00 pm

twisted lines wrote:
KTM_Guy wrote: On a side note the couple on the other side of us was from Germany and she went to the river and stripped down and washed in the river. :shock: I acted like I was appalled. :oops: :lol:

Todd

So did she use soap or not; What would be proper :thinking:

Because my wife was with me I really didn’t notice to many details. But I think it was Campmor biodegradable body wash for dry skin in the 24oz size. :roll:

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby alaska teardrop » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Dahlia47 wrote:So, I am getting things for our outdoor restroom/bath. Our little travel trailer doesn't have one inside. its too small. So I looked on line and saw some really nice outdoor set ups. So I don't like public restrooms. Id rather have my own. And the late night walks to the restroom....I like to stay close by.
So I am thinking, have any of you had trouble with the park or campground complaining or raising eyebrows when they see your outdoor restroom?

My little set up will be hanging from the back, with a couple curtains, there will be a luggable loo, a rechargable shower head with a small tin tub. Ill go ahead and put up some pics over the weekend.

Your set-up may come in handy if you're visiting a National Park. :roll:

National-parks-many-are-open-during-the-shutdown-their-bathrooms-not-so-much_____

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/28/68072003 ... ot-so-much
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Return to General Discussion