Now here’s an idea !!!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Now here’s an idea !!!

Postby GPW » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:16 am

I showed this to the wife and she immediately pronounced it as “ Redneck “ … I told her, "but Baby , it matches my Boat" …. ^ … :lol:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby KennethW » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:48 am

Have you ever sleep in the back of a pickup. Not good very cold or very hot no real ventilation. Not very tall inside.
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Ken , Sure did … a lot when we didn’t want to pitch the very old Boy Scout Pup tent I owned ( wooden poles ) … Wasn’t the best , but we had a floor pad ( cardboard) down to block the cold from below , and some decent sleeping bags … I really wonder why none of these modern day campers use a sleeping bag ? ( they worked !!! ) … and all the paw paw camper tops we had ,came with sliding screened windows , so we could get a little air in there… Later on , we used vans and put “interiors” in , and was even more comfortable ( thick Foam padding under the shag carpeting ) Bigger too ( and taller ) …. hahahaha 8)
When I first saw Teardrops , I was Dumbfounded and thought “ What have I been missing ? “ :o And I jumped right in …

I’m not saying that creation above ^ is anything wonderful ( that’s for sure ) but it is “Something” and marginally better than sleeping outside (depending where you’re camping eh ? ) There are times ( Before TDs & TTTs) when I wish I had something like that …. and for light hauling too … Just another alternative in the wonderful World of Tiny Travel Trailers … :D “ Use what ya’ got !!! :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:15 pm

KennethW wrote:Have you ever sleep in the back of a pickup. Not good very cold or very hot no real ventilation. Not very tall inside.

This is my last deluxe version right side was a slider; little card board, Queen air bed and I was off fishing the West Coast 3.5 days a week where and when the fishing was good. looking forward to the addition but I sure miss my boat some days :cry:
Attachments
truck bed 004.JPG
truck bed 004.JPG (116.53 KiB) Viewed 783 times
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KennethW » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:26 pm

I guess at the time I didn't have the ventilation down The pickup cap had very small windows.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby nobull » Sun May 05, 2019 9:25 am

This reminds me of my first "camper" I owned. I bought it for $50 it was a camper shell on an old army trailer, 16" wheels one foot sides and then the shell. It really looked odd being towed by my minivan at the time. I had to crawl in and out of the back, no crouching, to get in and out. Like GPW says it worked not sleeping on the ground, but was a PITA. I used it for 2 years and sold it for $100, and bought another tent :? A few years later bought a pop-up.
"Don't know where we are going, but ain't no use in being late" Matthew Quigly

Nobull
nobull
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kaz » Sun May 05, 2019 1:43 pm

GPW wrote:5’ X 8’ … the picture says everything … many possibilities … :thinking:

Just “another” way of making a camper … !!!

Be real easy to haul a canoe. Racks are readily available for cap roofs.
Kaz
Kaz
Silver Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Sun May 05, 2019 3:43 pm

GPW wrote:  OK … I know !!! It isn’t pretty !!! :o But goes with my Boat eh ??? hahahahahahahaha :lol:

Sweet ride there bro!
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion