RV Oven side clearances

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

RV Oven side clearances

Postby Patrick Star » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:26 am

Well, the time has come for my stove to be framed.

How much space do I need on the sides? The back has ample clearance due, but I was considering running fire board, or whatever (I've seen that term referenced on this forum a time or 2). Maybe fire board should be up the sides too, in order to protect wall from heat.

I've also seen instructions saying I need to notch the countertop. I'm guessing the the trim up top fits into the notches for a seamless appearance.

Would you feel a stove in the corner is a bad idea? Nothing is set in stone yet, but I like the stove in the corner

I'm running a Magic Chef 3 burner, which looks very promising.

Gonna run flexible rubber propane hose. Lowe's has a 10 ft one for like 20 bucks, I'll use the same for my water heater. Unless that is a no go, but the gas tank will be just forward of the stove, so 10 ft is plenty.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Patrick Star
Teardrop Builder

Re: RV Oven side clearances

Postby Aguyfromohio » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:37 am

I just bought a similar unit.
Manual allows sides of oven under the cook top to be pretty tight, less than an inch clearance, essentially a tight fit. But the cook top they say leave about 8 inches from center of burner to the nearest wall ("combustible surface") and about 20 inches clear above the burners.
Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Postby Florida Native » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:49 am

I would think it would be difficult to maneuver pots and pans with it that close to the wall. I would want a little more elbow room.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Florida Native
Teardrop Builder

Postby aggie79 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:13 am

Florida Native wrote:I would think it would be difficult to maneuver pots and pans with it that close to the wall. I would want a little more elbow room.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree! Maybe you could add a small counter and cabinet between the range and the door sidewall.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Return to General Discussion