Tv,s - Stereo Setup in your Builds

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Classic Finn » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:01 pm

Hmmm I just cant seem to find one of them satellite radio items here...
I never have checked into it either until I heard about it from you folks..

Im going to ask around... I have been doing some Dx Radio but nothing
more...

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby TomS » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:37 pm

Hi Finn,

There are 2 satellite radio service providers XM and Sirius servicing North America. As far as I know, neither company broadcasts to Europe. I am an XM subscriber. XM offers on online subscription that allows you to stream their music channels to your computer. Obviously, streaming audio isn’t limited to the signal area of the company’s satellites.

http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/index.jsp

There may be other satellite providers servicing your part of the world. But, I don’t know who they might be. You’ll have to do some research.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bdosborn » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:54 pm

Here's my setup, it uses a DVD player:

The DVD player stows behind the open door and the tray slides back into the cabinet. All the DC plugs and switches are in the back of the opening. The DVD player will play MP3 files as well so we can play music in addition to watching movies. The screen is about the right height to watch while laying down. I would install it lower if I could put it anywhere else.
I put two speakers behind our heads. I don't have surround sound yet but I will someday and the speakers will be ready to go.
Here's a lower shot showing the front speakers and the amplifier. The footwell gives the bass a boost so the speakers sound bigger than they are.

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby gman » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:11 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:
Micro469 wrote:Me? I'll just bring along my portable entertainment unit. She walks, she talks, and best of all, I know all the right buttons to push......

:lol: :lol:

I agree John, with your PEU you just don't need a DVD, VCR, SatTV,CD,AM or FM. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:lol: :lol:

Same here, but I do bring along a book, a bottle, and a blanket for when she is offline. Some times a combination of the last two gets her back online :wine:
Junk is something you've kept for years
And throw away three weeks before you need it.
gman
The 300 Club

Postby Mitheral » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:10 pm

cracker39 wrote:David, the laptops sure do offer a lot of uses in a small package. Several members use them. I just never cared much for laptops, and besides, I build my own PCs too, so I just have a desk model, so it won't go camping with me.

I tend to lug my laptop on vacation so I can download photos off my camera and then burn cds in case something happens to my hard drive.

Plus dvd watching.
Mitheral
Teardrop Master

Postby Mitheral » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:16 pm

PresTx82 wrote:Whatever happened to sitting around a camp fire when camping?

We will be using our tear drop not only for wilderness camping but also for overnighting during ball tournaments. Being able to kick back in a shady spot and watch a movie is going to be great in these situations.
Mitheral
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to General Discussion