Tv,s - Stereo Setup in your Builds

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:55 pm

TomS wrote:
Who are some of the blues acts that appear there? Any chance of seeing Buddy Guy there?

Tom, I'll start another post for "What do you like to do with your Teardrop?"
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:08 pm

Need I say more. Oh, and what you don't see is that the speakers are in thier own box's (2 and 2). So just with a little volume adjustment, good sounds out the galley.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:11 pm

Gage, That's a great setup. I need to get my sound to go out the galley too. If I turn it up I can hear it in the galley, but so can everyone. 8)
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Classic Finn » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:21 pm

Gage that be one nice setup there... :o Boy oh Boy - Your all set up it looks like..

I sure do like it..

Classic Finn :thumbsup:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Gage » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:38 pm

Tried to cover all bases should the need come up. Let's see, Sat TV receiver, DVD, VCR and a Pioneer radio with CD and four 4", 3 stage speakers. No amp required. I have a SAT radio in both tow cars(truck) and could move it into the tear if I wanted too.
Oh, the little clip under the green cow is for a fan which worked great back in Neb.

Have a good day.

8)
The above is another one of those 'Just Because' type of things. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Micro469 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:44 pm

Me? I'll just bring along my portable entertainment unit. She walks, she talks, and best of all, I know all the right buttons to push......

:lol: :lol:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:35 pm

Micro469 wrote:Me? I'll just bring along my portable entertainment unit. She walks, she talks, and best of all, I know all the right buttons to push......

I agree John, with your PEU you just don't need a DVD, VCR, SatTV,CD,AM or FM. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Gage » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:42 pm

Tanya tells me I have more out in the garage than what is in the house. I think that's why she doesn't send me to the garage any more. :lol:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Boodro » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:49 pm

Remind me to camp on the other side of the county if Gage shows up! :shock:

With that much noise , he could be dangerous! :lol: :lol:

Ya know how old people can't hear so good! :fb :fb
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:42 am

Gage I still like the Music And TV system ya got there.. even though
the portable walk along entertainment center comes with the added features... :lol: :lol:

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby critter » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:00 am

hey all,
i wuz waiting for someone to ask bout my 2800.00 ent system that only plays bluegrass but maybe you allready knew or not.ok i tell u anyway it a gibson rb3 banjo.
:thumbsup: :applause:
critter

salad anit food... its what food eats!

critter
critter
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:13 am

critter wrote:hey all,
i wuz waiting for someone to ask bout my 2800.00 ent system that only plays bluegrass but maybe you allready knew or not.ok i tell u anyway it a gibson rb3 banjo.
:thumbsup: :applause:

Now that's entertainment.!!! :applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby TomS » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:20 am

TomS wrote:This year, I plan to updgrade my XM radio to the SkyFi2. I am also going to get this boom box unit to go with it.

Last night, after posting that message, I read some very negative reviews on Amazon.com regarding SkyFi booombox. Most of the negative comments concerned a hum or buzzing when using this unit with the SkyFi2 receiver. So, I checked out a couple of XM radio forums and found long list of similar complaints. Based on that review, I decided not to buy it. In fact, the negative comments were so pervasive, I am leary now of Delphi products in general.

After further research, I think I will probably buy theTAO XM2GO.

Its a wearable portable unit. it comes with complete, car and home kits. Best of all, it functions like an IPod, recording up to five hours XM content. This is the perfect soloution for my office, where XM signal reception is a problem. When I come home from work, I can simple slide it in it's dock and record fresh content for the following day. It will also be great for the beach. So far, all the comments about this unit have been very favorable. Amazon has it for $156. That's slightly more than I would've spent on the boombox setup at Sam's Club

There are new portable units coming out that record 50+ hours of content and have many more bells and whistles. However, at $400 they're a bit to rich for my blood. Besides 5 hours of playback is more than adequate for my work day. I spend at least 3 hours a day, on the phone or in discussions with co-workers.

I also found these 2 boomboxes for the XM2GO radios.

This Altec Lansing unit for $152.

and this one for $81.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:23 pm

TomS wrote:
TomS wrote: Most of the negative comments concerned a hum or buzzing when using this unit with the SkyFi2 receiver. So, I checked out a couple of XM radio forums and found long list of similar complaints.

Tom, Your SkiFi2 reciever will work in the original boom box, or in any adapter that the original SkiFi unit works in. It would be interesting to see if the buzzing is coming from the SkiFi2 . I don't have any noticable noise (except for the music my son listens to) coming from the old boom box with the SkiFi2 :o :thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby TomS » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:34 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:
TomS wrote: Most of the negative comments concerned a hum or buzzing when using this unit with the SkyFi2 receiver. So, I checked out a couple of XM radio forums and found long list of similar complaints.

Tom, Your SkiFi2 reciever will work in the original boom box, or in any adapter that the original SkiFi unit works in. It would be interesting to see if the buzzing is coming from the SkiFi2 . I don't have any noticable noise (except for the music my son listens to) coming from the old boom box with the SkiFi2 :o :thinking:

Apparently, it isn't happening on every boombox coming off Delphi's assembly lines. I think you might have lucked out and gotten radio/boombox that does not have this problem.

This post on one of the XM forums was typical of the coments I've been seeing. It's not just one bad review. I've seen at least a dozen just like this going back a year or so. All of them report the same problem.

The clicking sound you are hearing is called "tractoring" and is a known problem with the skyfi2/boom box set up. Some usersalso hear a high-pitched whine at low volumes as well. I went through 2 skyfi units and 4 boom boxes trying to get this resolved...finally took it to a friend who is an electrical engineer and he figured it out.
XM knows about this problem but refuses to do anything about it. Between these problems and the incredibly bad controls, I think the boom box is a real piece of junk.

I'm going wth the TAOS XM2GO radio since it also solves the reception problem at work. I may pick up one of the Altec/Lansing boombox units for the teadrop if I can swing it. There are some other things I want to buy for the TD this spring.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion