Generators

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Generators

Postby Bill n Robi » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:21 pm

My Yamaha converted to propane is quiet, no smell. only H2O and CO2 for exhaust, mixture adjustable so it has worked from -120feet to +6100 feet at peak performance.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby Socal Tom » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:48 am

GuitarPhotog wrote:
Dahlia47 wrote:For the harbour freight generator, how long will I be able to run the little window a/c unit?

And what does it mean when the description says "running at 50%?

I don't know anything about electricity or engines. I can make just about anything out of metal and wood, but when it comes to electricity and engines, I am so lost! Ugh!

Thank you!

The HF generator is a good deal, but... It is not repairable, there are no repair parts available. You can buy an extended warranty, and can return a defective unit to a HF store for replacement, if they have it in stock. Which they haven't had in my local store for the last FOUR MONTHS!

If you want true simplicity in a generator, find a 2KW dual fuel generator that runs on propane and gas, then never use it on gas. You will not have to empty out unused fuel, nor clean a varnished-up carburetor, nor deal with gas going out of date (gasoline lasts only about 6 months in a can these days).

The HF predator is a rebadged WEN
https://wenproducts.com/collections/generator-parts

I run my 5k btu fridgedaire off of a 1kW Honda , personally I recommend using a 2KW generator . They can so much more, only weigh a little more. The HF has good reviews and a good price. Most small gens will run about 8 hours on a tank depending on load. There are ways to increase tank size that don’t break the bank if needed.
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi Guys , we got the Harbor Freight 2K generator just to run a small 5Kbtu AC , not only for the EVAC trailer , but also for “Sheltering in place” with No power ( Hurricane season) … Having no use for it yet , we never took it out the box , but I digested the manual thoroughly , plus about 219 You Tube generator videos ( Thanks Mustie 1 ) … I have all the other things to go along with it , Gas , Oil , tool kit , spare plug ( ? ) , siphon hose for my Truck … Pretty standard stuff …
And if that don’t work , we have a few Solar panels ,charge controller , DD storage battery etc … Something , anything that will create a Cool breeze on the Wife …. ;) You know , gotta’ take of the Wife eh !!!
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Dahlia47 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:35 pm

I just got educated! I had no idea there was so many different types of generators. Keep up the good work. Thank You!
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Postby Jiminsav » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:49 pm

what ever you do, get a QUIET generator. harbor freight has a 2000 watt quiet one for 500 bucks.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion