Here She Is!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Here She Is!

Postby Dahlia47 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:49 pm

The guy who built it painted it the blue and white. I love blue , so I kept the colors. I'm not going to paint the inside. I like the wood look. The second photo is the window and the power strip. I like the big windows. There are 4 windows total. The third pic is the shelf area. Top shelf is the mini fridge to the left. Middle is the hot plate with the blue pan. The left is the gravity sink. Below it is the aluminum table. I put some hooks up yesterday to hang the table on. The white bread box second shelf down holds all the dry goods. The brown boxes hold our clothes. We each have one. Bottom middle is the air conditioner. The bottom right , behind the table is the tank that holds the dirty water from the gravity sink. I think I have a better picture of the sink somewhere. I'll post it if I find it. Up top I have all my utensils hanging. Pots, pans, cups, coffee pot, paper towels. The last photo is the beds. The top bunk is for our daughter. It is also storage for our blankets, sleeping bags and pillows. Our futon is rolled up. We bring that forward while we are towing it to keep it from swaying. Darn futon bed is heavy. It pulls out to a queen size bed. Below the bed is storage for the portable potty. I have made it to where it can be inside or outside, preferably outside. Only inside during bad weather. I put some hooks on the ceiling to hang the curtains for potty privacy. Under the bed is the solar battery and panel, tools and spare tire, as well as a tent. The potty can also go outside. There are 2 threaded rods sticking out the back to hang pvc pipe and the curtains hang on that. As soon as I put it together the first time, I'll post a pic. It has a new roof and vent. New wood floor. It will be getting a new coat of paint. I haven't a clue as to what kind of paint. The outdoor paint keeps flaking.
We have had a blast! Took it out 3 times last month! Probably won't take it out again until September. And so many people ask questions about it. Everywhere we go. And we see so many other home made travel trailers and campers. I think it's awesome!ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Re: Here She Is!

Postby GPW » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:38 am

Looks like a lot of FUN !!! 8)
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby John61CT » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:55 am

Super back to basics vibe, makes glamping the dirty word it should be, nostalgia galore!
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Tioga passer » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:23 pm

That's a cool little homebuilt standy. I love the window in the door. Sounds like you're having some great adventures with it.
What part of the country do you travel/camp?
Tioga passer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Dahlia47 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:00 am

Thank you! This little thing has been a ton of fun! Im already planning our next trip. Im almost done with it. In one of my recent posts I had a small list of things I had to do. I finished the cover for the rooftop vent, put up some hooks in the inside ceiling to put up the curtain for the potty, and got more sturdy bins to store our clothes in. So...im almost done. only need the solar rooftop water heater, the mini oven and Im looking at a way to safely soften the noise of the generator and put some wheels on it. I cant carry it. Oh! And bring the a/c forward to hide the fact that its a window unit. I dont understand why some places dont allow the window a/c units. Makes no sense.
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion