Autumn

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Autumn

Postby Atomic77 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Friends...

Don't get me wrong, Autumn is my favorite time of year. But here I am, buying RV Antifreeze and getting ready to put Astro to bed for the winter here in Indiana. It's been a great season of camping for us and we actually did more Boondocking, Moochdocking and Homedocking than last year. It was a great summer towing around our "Home on Wheels!"

It's also fun to set up down by our pond and have a few other campers over for the weekend!
Sometimes, the best view from the camper is your own...

Even though she is winterized, we will still be mobile if we want to snow camp or spend a night or two during the winter months. The Diesel Heater keeps things nice and toasty even in sub-zero temps.

Here's to the end of the summer camping season. Hope it was great for each and all. Have a wonderful November and Best Wishes for the upcoming Holiday Seasons!

Michael & Carrie

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Michael

"The Strength is in the Sum of the Parts..."

The Astroliner

Follow The Astroliner Blog Here!

Check out our YouTube video
Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Autumn

Postby pchast » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:32 pm

Thanks Michael, Happy Holidays..........
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby KTM_Guy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:48 pm

Our Fall was not bad at all.

We are now getting into great desert camping weather now. Nice days with cool (maybe cold) nights.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby aggie79 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:34 am

Hi Michael,

We're not hot weather campers so it's just now getting cool enough to camp here. :shock: We really only need to winterize late January through early March.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby RJ Howell » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:23 am

I also am tucking in the commercial camper for the winter up here in the Nor'east. Down to my Sleeper Cap now.

Image. Image

Had a great Spring and Summer traveling! Fall had the commercial camper in the repair shop (warranty thankfully). Looking forward to next summer and selling that commercial unit and getting my 'real' build underway. The cap build taught me so much, now I'm ready!

Here's to Spring folks :wine: Have a safe, warm winter!
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby robfisher » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:42 am

slowcowboy wrote:As a teardrop owner I dont know what anti freeze is to winter a teardrop..all I do is trow a car cover over mine...i got a gallon milk jug for my water sytem...slow.

I'm with you, Cowboy. Simplicity is the way to go.

I don't really understand putting it all away for winter. I try to keep mine somewhat ready for when the mood strikes. Lows in the 20s and 30s make for great camping in a teardrop as long as the wind isn't blowing.

It's when you can really enjoy a campfire.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Atomic77 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:57 am

robfisher wrote: I don't really understand putting it all away for winter. I try to keep mine somewhat ready for when the mood strikes. Lows in the 20s and 30s make for great camping in a teardrop as long as the wind isn't blowing.

I definitely don't put it "all away." I winterize the waterlines, pump, tanks and water heater. If she's sitting here at home, she's plugged in and the diesel heater is ready to go. It's a nice "shanty" if I want to ice fish on the pond. Also, we can hook up and go on the moment if we want to do an overnighter or two at the few State Parks in our area that are open in the winter. Camping is never really over for us... just different.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Michael

"The Strength is in the Sum of the Parts..."

The Astroliner

Follow The Astroliner Blog Here!

Check out our YouTube video
Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ae6black » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:35 pm

I went to the dark side and this year am using my fiberglass egg to camp out of this winter. It's winterized, but I am still planning on using it as a spare bedroom when I visit family over the Christmas holilday and perhaps over Newyears. I like being able to have a portapoty sit in the bathroom floor. Just because it's winterized doesn't mean you can't still use it. I still have my teardrop but don't use it as much as the newer camper. A camper like a teardrop really shines when everyone else goes into hibernation!

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Return to General Discussion