propane plumbing

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Mitheral » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:24 am

48Rob wrote:In this modern world where folks can't wait to sue someone else for something caused by their own actions, the hydraulic hose issue might be something to think about? :thinking:

Most folks will tell you that hydraulic hose is the same thing as high pressure propane hose, others will say it isn't.
I've never been able to get a clear answer in writing.

Run of the mill hydraulic hose isn't the same as high pressure LPG hose. It'll do the job, it is what was used in the 70s on automotive stuff, but it is missing a safety layer.

But for low pressure, post regulator, gasous propane it is much better IMO than the commercial alternative which is soft drawn copper. Compare it to the rubber hose coming off the regulator on most trailer 20-40lb cylinders. No question which is better.
Mitheral
Teardrop Master

Postby gratis » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:01 am

Exactly what I was thinking. I have seen some seriously weak stuff on BBQs after the regulators.

I have a BIL in the parts business that makse Hydraulic hoses for the local farmers and such. I am sure I can get some custom made high quality hoses for a very decent price.

I will do my research and make an informed descision I guess. It will be at least a month until I get to the propane system.
gratis
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion